Thread: FS: '65 911 in Bay Area

FS: '65 911 in Bay Area

No affiliation

Ivory car w/ red interior looks to be in excellent condition and is said to be very original. Asking 35K

http://www.356registry.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21763

Happy hunting.

Dave
    Registry Member #1583
    '73 911 S Aubergine (VIN#9113301295)

Much Interest

Usually when threads like this go silent, there is a lot of action on the sidelines.

I called on this car and left a voice mail this morning and didn't get a return call. I called again this afternoon, and the seller answered saying that the bidding was up to 45K for the car...and was I a player? Along with several other bidders from Europe...

He went on to state that he was at a car show over the weekend and was asked about selling the car, and he stated that it was for sale, and he wanted in the 35K range for the car. That person posted just that on the 356 site...and all the plates began to spin...

Certainly 35K for a restored 65 911 was unbelievable...and it was.

Certainly 35K for a restored 65 911 was unbelievable...and it was.
    For us.

Attendees at the show could have had it for 35.

BTW I believe I was second in line for the initial price and this is what Bill wrote me: "I've had it eight years, third owner.
    Car is mostly original throughout. It was painted a bit around the
    left rear area as a tire blew when I bought it and damaged the bumperette
    in that area. It was replaced with one from a 912 and repainted.
    Bill"

Richard

This thread is very quiet !!! OK, I was up close and personal with the car last night in Sausalito. I didn't drive it but went through it pretty well & crawled underneath. Long story short, no Solexes and no Nadelas, gas heater intact.
    more than usual road rash on hood and bumper and a driver door that needs alignment.... the 4.5" Fuchs are just PERFECT done by Harvey. The owner is a very nice and engaging Architect that honestly did not know what he had.
    He told me that his phone keeps ringing and would take offers until Saturday then decide then who to sell it to. This morning I get an email stating he accepted an offer well over the $35K asking and a deposit from CA ( not me ).
    The new owner will be very happy with this car, If I was the lucky one, I will change the tires to 185/70, apply for the YOM plates, repad or respring the driver seat and call it the day. Congrats to the new owner !

Did anyone get the VIN?
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

Bill Walters is a long-standing member of the Redwood Region of PCA...hope everything is OK with him...
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Yep

Quote Originally Posted by davep View Post
    Did anyone get the VIN?

-Allen-

Quote Originally Posted by 72targa View Post
    Bill Walters is a long-standing member of the Redwood Region of PCA...hope everything is OK with him...
    He is moving.

Richard