Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Valve stems for deep six wheels

Valve stems for deep six wheels

Can any one tell me where I can get a set of four valve stems for my deep six's? Three are dated 4/70 and one is a heart dated 1967.

Thanks for your help.

NAPA, TR415 part # 90-415, should be an in stock item.
    Early 911S member #166

I have no problem with the theory that all men are created equal.
    But after that moment you are on your own and nobody owes you a damn thing.

Regis turd ab user
    Quote Originally Posted by Six Gun View Post
    Can any one tell me where I can get a set of four valve stems for my deep six's? Three are dated 4/70 and one is a heart dated 1967.

Thanks for your help.
    You might want to check the width on that '67 wheel it's probably 5 1/2" not 6".

David

Quote Originally Posted by 911s55 View Post
    You might want to check the width on that '67 wheel it's probably 5 1/2" not 6".

David
    can I run this configuration ( 3 dated 4/70 and one 1967) on my 72T with 195x 70 15s? Don't plan on using center caps.

Regis turd ab user
    Yes you "can" but which ever location you put it at that corner won't perform like the other three, especially odd if in the front. I would suggest trying to swap the 5.5" for a 6" use it for a spare or purchase another 6".

BTW regarding your tire sizes a 195/65x15 is a better fit than a 70 series, the 70 would be taller than the original 185/70x15.

David

Thumbs up

Thanks,

I am buying another deep six and will use the 1967 wheel as a spare. Your tire size advice is also appreciated.

Dave

A photo of the correct 415s.
    I like 195/65, but 205/60s will fit but look a little wide.
    Short racer style is 205/55s
    H
    Attached Images Attached Images  

What is the technique for inserting those stubby valves into the wheels? Any lubricant used?

They have a lip just above the base which as far as I can see serves no purpose as there is nothing for it to fit into in the valve stem hole in my 7R's (it is a 'plain' hole) and how do they 'seat' correctly at the base since they look to be for a flat fit and the backside of the valve stem hole is sloping?

Regards
    Mike
    RS#1551(sold)
    67S
    73E (home after 25 years) and sold again
    Early S reg. #681

I have just been down this road and the rubber valves TR415, do not seem to fit as per design, due to the thickness of the rim at the hole, they will not locate properly but you can jam them in. The tyre shop fitted some metal valves and by the time I got home 1 out of the wheels was flat. On inspection the rim doesn’t look suitable for fitment of either valve, I have reverted to tubes and had no issues.

Just my experience.

Kind Regards
    John #1022

1970 911E 2.2