Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wanted 2,4LS Targa

Wanted 2,4LS Targa

Hello all,

One of my customer is looking for a 2,4LS Targa
    Max budget is 60K, we are looking for a matching example, stock, no rust, some history, a well sorted car.
    If youn have this one for sale, please contact me.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tfmcmahon View Post
    Take a look at the two at Auto-Kennel or California Porsche Restoration. Tom
    Thanks, but I am already in contact with both, one is matching the other not, at the minute they are in the 65K$ range which gonna be to high for my customer

I still looking for a good Targa 2,4LS, any link ?

A little bump for a still looking

My client who owns the yellow S Targa (49k orig. miles) said he will take $63k. This is a bargain. This used to be Eade's car than Dwayne's. Anyone who knows this car knows that it is an incredible low mileage, #'s matching car. It is IMHO the best Early S car value out there. Nothing under $70k is this nice.

Paul

1966 BMW 1600 (one of first in U.S.)
    1967 VW Beetle Sedan (Honeymoon car)
    1984 Porsche 928S (Hindenburg)
    1986/1973 Backdated 911 Coupe (R Gruppe/La Tortuga)
    1987 Isuzu Impulse RS Turbo
    1988 Porsche 944 Turbo S
    1999 BMW M Coupe (Race soon to be Rally)
    2003 Jaguar S-Type R Supercharged (family hauler/rain car)
    2004 Porsche 996 GT3
    2005 Chevy Express 16-passenger van (for hauling everything else)

http://www.autokennel.com

2.4 Wanted

I have a 72 911S Targa I purchased @ 2006 from a retired Doctor, I would drive it occasionally but it had to many oil leaks and would smoke. The engine was very strong but was a little hard to shift. It has set for two years and now the master or clutch slave cylinder must have leaked fluid and you cannot shift when engine is running. No major rust problem other then the battery box has holes in it. The Doctor was going to restore the car and had removed the drivers inside door panel and outside door handle. It needs all new weather stripping, new paint, etc.

I have thought about trading for a nice 912 that is a #2 or low mileage car

K. LaRowe

Quote Originally Posted by Lash LaRowe View Post
    I have a 72 911S Targa I purchased @ 2006 from a retired Doctor, I would drive it occasionally but it had to many oil leaks and would smoke. The engine was very strong but was a little hard to shift. It has set for two years and now the master or clutch slave cylinder must have leaked fluid and you cannot shift when engine is running. No major rust problem other then the battery box has holes in it. The Doctor was going to restore the car and had removed the drivers inside door panel and outside door handle. It needs all new weather stripping, new paint, etc.

K. LaRowe
    What is your asking price or are you seeking a trade?
    Registry Member #1583
    '73 911 S Aubergine (VIN#9113301295)

Quote Originally Posted by Lash LaRowe View Post

K. LaRowe

May I ask what colour it is?

Regards
    Mike
    RS#1551(sold)
    67S
    73E (home after 25 years) and sold again
    Early S reg. #681

As a fellow '72 911S Targa owner, I'd love to see pictures of it. Sounds like you may need some new synchros in your gear box. Not a huge expense but not a beginner do-it-yourself item either. Hope we get to see it (and you) on the board!
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

72 911S Targa

It will take a week or two before I can move the Targa outside to take a couple of photos. The car is black exterior and interior. At this time I do not have an asking price, when I found this 911 for sale I was actually looking for a 912.
    Lash