Thread: wtb mfi parts

wtb mfi parts

I am looking for a good speed switch,micro switch and fuel shut off solenoid for a 1973 mfi
    Contact
    Coutu@theburgessfarm.com

Are you sure the microswitch is bad? If it is not getting 12V ever that is because there is a discontinuity somewhere. The 12V only goes to the microswitch when the RPM transducer allows it. The RPM transducer may just have a broken lead on a transistor on the board. If so, you can repair it yourself. The rebuilt units are quite expensive. I am surprised that the solenoid does not work when jumpered. They seem rather robust.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1971 911S, 2.7RS spec MFI engine, suspension mods, lightened
    Early 911S Registry Member #425

I put 12v to the solenoid and it made no noise. Do I have to ground it when i test it?? There is no power at the microswitch. Who rebuilds the speed switch?? I am not capable electronics is not my forte.

Shake the rpm transducer first. If it rattles, then open the box and slide out the board. That part is easy. If there is a transistor loose, you only need some simple soldering tools.http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...-warren-2.html

Otherwise, I believe Otto's in Venice rebuilds them.

You need to have a positive and negative wire to give 12V to the solenoid. The negative wire would be a ground.
    1971 911S, 2.7RS spec MFI engine, suspension mods, lightened
    Early 911S Registry Member #425

I have a local contact to repair/rebuild the transducer at a very reasonable cost. He repaired mine as well as a several others on this board.

PM for contact.
    Renn-Spot - Cars & parts For Sale - http://renn-spot.blogspot.com/
    1970 911"S" - Black (originally silver)
    1974 911"S" - Silver
    1973 911"T" - Bahia Red - Now Sold
    10 sec 67 VW
    Early "S" Registry #439