Thread: Tire Skate review

Tire Skate review

I've got a fairly deep garage and wanted to make better use of the space for vehicle storage so I got 4 Tire Skates, which are just dollies for each tire. I wanted to park my 911 sideways at the front of the other 2 cars we keep there.

I put a jack pad in the jack tube and lift one side of the car with my floor jack, then it's easy to put the skates under each wheel.

The manufacturer touts that these units require less force to move than other cheaper brands. I've got nothing to compare it to, but I was able to spin the 911 around 90 degrees and push it into a pretty tight spot by myself. It takes a bit of force, but it's doable for one person. With 2 people it would be a breeze.

Getting the car off the skates is just as easy. I pushed the front end around about 45 degrees, jacked up both sides to remove the skates, and drove out.

It takes a few minutes to get it on and off the skates, but this is a reasonable solution if you're trying to position a car in a tight spot. In the photo you'll see that there are holes in between the casters. These are bolt holes for stands so you can turn the skates into moveable jack stands. I didn't get the stands so I can't comment on how they work.

If you're interested, the website is:http://www.tireskate.com

Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    1973 Norton 850 Commando
    1972 MBZ 350SL
    1972 911T Targa, 3.2 twin plug
    2009 BMW 335i

Similar Threads

1. FS LWB inside review mirror
    By fishman7 in forum For Sale: 911 Parts
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-11-2011, 02:36 PM
  2. Review : I just bought a fabulous RS 3.0 replica!
    By alexwagner in forum General Info
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-17-2011, 04:50 PM
  3. Ebay 73S Please review.
    By Macroni in forum For Sale/Wanted: Early 911 Cars, 1965 - 1973
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 09-07-2010, 08:13 AM
  4. 73 S at Sloan; please review
    By rdargenio in forum For Sale/Wanted: Early 911 Cars, 1965 - 1973
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-13-2010, 03:25 PM
  5. Rally in the Valley review