Thread: 12V Coil Sticker type, location?

12V Coil Sticker type, location?

Decal guys,

Is this the correct decal and placement for a 1967? Thanks.

-Allen-
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Ok

When did it change? The old yellow tag picture is from a 1965 model, manufactured in 1964, that looks to be original. Then we have the green tag you posted Raj. Thanks.

-Allen-

Another question on fuel lines..

Notice the rusty ferrels on the visible fuel lines. Are these correct? These look to be the same ferrels as on the Webber lines at the carbs. So, I'm thinking that for early cars, all that was used were these ferrels? I do note that original OEM German line does fit tightly.

At some point, crimped fittings were used. Anyone know when their use stated? Thanks.

-Allen-

I think I have determined by what seem to be original coils on cars, and talking to those in the know, that at some point Porsche changed to the rectangular green coil tag. I had some decals made up when doing a recent restoration. For a very modest fee I'd be glad to sell some if anyone is interested. You can contact me at cdih@att.net
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Your eletrical console

Ed,

I noticed your beautiful electrical panel in an earlier post you made on an S, I believe you are restoring. How sure are you of those crimped fittings on the Bendix in terms of them being "correct"? Thanks.

-Allen-

NOT a hundred percent sure Allen, as you mentioned a few posts back I know in many instances a ferrule was merely slipped over the hose end to give a finished appearance. I know for certain it was done that way at the carburetor inlets. The fuel pump is another matter, that 65 pictured earlier was not crimped, but I am certain that I have seen crimped on occasion, however, of course not the crimp I've shown, but the Cohline style crimper. I just can't afford one of those so I get by with a little fakery Now I need to find some period picture if I can, to validate my belief that a crimp was sometimes used. Ain't this s--t fun
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Is it fun?

Quote Originally Posted by edmayo View Post
    NOT a hundred percent sure Allen, as you mentioned a few posts back I know in many instances a ferrule was merely slipped over the hose end to give a finished appearance. I know for certain it was done that way at the carburetor inlets. The fuel pump is another matter, that 65 pictured earlier was not crimped, but I am certain that I have seen crimped on occasion, however, of course not the crimp I've shown, but the Cohline style crimper. I just can't afford one of those so I get by with a little fakery Now I need to find some period picture if I can, to validate my belief that a crimp was sometimes used. Ain't this s--t fun
    Hi Ed,

It's fun for those who like this stuff or have the time for it or want to argue over it Here are couple pics from an authetic 66. My friend Richard's, "304678," car, I do wonder when the label went green on the Coil. I'm pretty sure the very early SWB were the oval yellow ones. Thanks.
    -Allen-

This coil is dated March 1966 (6 03). My car is June 66.

Richard

Just for the record here, in the first edition shop manual an oval decal is shown on page E-6 and the engine shown has Solex carbs, so that puts it in context. On page SR-59 which is the Sportomatic supplement a rectangular decal is shown, so maybe late 67? Also on page L-6 (electrical section) a rectangular decal is shown. Can't tell what period that is other than it is in the original printing, not a later supplement.
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Quote Originally Posted by edmayo View Post
    Ed

There is a board member in Southern CA who has the cohline crimper and who offered his help in a previous thread. I can't recall who it was, but if you do a search on Cohline you might find him.

Richard