Thread: FS Incredible 1969 S S/R Coupe

FS Incredible 1969 S S/R Coupe

1969 911 S Coupe
    VIN 119300093, Engine # 6390165

For sale is my 1969 911 S, recently and meticulously restored to PCA Parade Concours winning standards. This is a COA engine and transmission numbers and exterior paint color matching (#6808 Burgundy), sun roof added, new or restored almost everything, driven only 800 break-in miles since completion. Original engine and MFI were rebuilt by prior owner in Scottsdale at a cost of $18,000 and I have spent over $50,000 in professional mechanical, paint and body, interior, and parts plus over 500 hours of my time managing and being directly involved in the project. The costs to duplicate this car is more than $125,000. Every hour and dollar spent on the two year restoration is documented in seven pages of Excel spread sheets and there are several hundred photos of the project from start to finish. The original miles driven is unknown. This is one of only 1,492 1969 911 S’s produced.

The car was entered at the 2009 Keystone, Colorado PCA Parade Concours d’Elegance in the early 911 Touring class and won first place with a score of 233.2 out of a possible 235.0, a total point loss of only 1.8 points and only .1 of a point was deducted for originality issues.

Some of the restoration highlights are:
    Bare metal media entire exterior and sand blast underside, wheel wells, the floor pan (inside and lower), epoxy primer and professionally refinished
    All hardware re-plated yellow cad, clear zinc or black oxide
    Exterior door trim re-anodized by Marcos, King of Trim
    Dash re-covered by Just Dashes
    New interior by Autoweave, Denver, CO, to include an NOS head liner and, custom made: seats, with hounds tooth inserts; carpets and door panels
    Steering Wheel re-wrapped by Autobahn
    Wheels, original with correct date stamps, restored by Wheel Enhancements and five new Vredestein 185/70 HR X 15 tires mounted and balanced
    Transmission rebuilt
    Brakes rebuilt
    Suspension rebuilt, but not steering rack, new shocks
    New windshield
    Gauges restored by North Hollywood
    Suspension components and engine sheet metal re-painted
    Gas tank restored with correct gray undercoating
    All chrome re-plated – seat hinges, outside door handles, bumper guards, head light rims, bezels, shift lever, heater control levers, etc.
    Seat sliders re-plated clear zinc and seat stands repainted
    Other new parts include turn signal lenses, shocks, seals, bumper and rocker side trim, etc.
    Meticulous and correctly re-undercoat and restore undercarriage, wheel wells, front and engine compartment
    Sun roof clip was added using a complete 1974 roof
    Radio restored to working condition

A photo album of recent photos can be found at: http://imageevent.com/356consulting/...hw2ori1.frog_s

And there is a 240 photo album at: http://imageevent.com/356consulting/...0r23.buffalo_s which documents the entire restoration process.

An independent PPI was performed in March, 2010 and is available.

Correct tool kit, jack and Owner’s manuals and original factory paint touch up paint is included

Price – $59,900
    Tom Scott
    www.356Consulting.com
    tomlynns@aol.com
    303-819-0101

69s

i saw this in keystone...it's beautiful!

Beautiful car at a fair price. I don't doubt the restorations costs at all. Good luck with the sale.

69s

Although this car did not sell for 20K more at Autokennel it is well worth the 60K asking price IMO. It shouldn't be available for long.

Dave
    Registry Member #1583
    '73 911 S Aubergine (VIN#9113301295)

Outstanding S -

Very very friendly price.IMO

FG

Stunning

I had the pleasure of riding in this car last year and what more can I add that hasn't already been covered. This car mechanically and cosmetically is outstanding - great year in a color not seen everyday. I cannot believe someone looking for a solid car hasn't snapped this one up yet. Good luck with the sale Tom.
    S Registry #1229
    1972 Light Yellow 911T (RS look currently, ST replica coming)
    1984 Black/Black RoW 930 Turbo
    2004 Black/Black 996 GT3
    1971 Metallic Blue 911T Sunroof Coupe
    2007 Atlas Grey Cayman S (My First)

I agree with this too !

Quote Originally Posted by jetdriver21 View Post
    I had the pleasure of riding in this car last year and what more can I add that hasn't already been covered. This car mechanically and cosmetically is outstanding - great year in a color not seen everyday. I cannot believe someone looking for a solid car hasn't snapped this one up yet. Good luck with the sale Tom.
    Tom,

Absolutely gorgeous Porsche 911S ! Someone who wants to keep, drive and love this car should buy it ! A sign of the times it is not sold. Also far far better buy than, say, even a $20k (is there such thing?) '69 S that needs restoration. The photos are wonderful. The condition is incredible. I'd think even a European flipper could make bucks on this one.

There was an East coast rusty "driver" '69S with opening bid of $39.5K on eBay last week; it didn't receive any bids but shows, at least, kinda of, what drivers might be worth.

This restored car actually is a "steal." Good luck!

-Allen-
    Attached Images Attached Images

1969 911 s

Thanks to the Board members who graciously and incitefully commented on my 1969 911S. Furthermore, your help during the two year restoration process was immeasurably helpful. I am happy to report that the car is sold!

Thanks again.

Tom Scott