Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: South Bay Honda and Richard Kreiger

South Bay Honda and Richard Kreiger

I asked for information on a 912 with a 911 engine listed on eBay. Here's what I got back:

Mr. Brody,

Thanks for your interest in the 911 clone. This car was originally listed on ebay in May of 2009 by a gent named Richard Kreiger. Rich owns a small shop over in Marin County and builds these cars pretty regularly. He can be reached at aircooledebay@yahoo.com or fastclassics@yahoo.com or 415-793-5527 or 415-895-1083. There was an extensive list of components used in the rebuild but I have accidentally deleted the email that contained them. Rich is a great guy who has been doing this type of thing for many years. I believe he also sells parts for air cooled Porsches as well.

During our ownership of the car we have done the following:

1. Complete wet sand and buff of the new paintwork.
    2. Tuned the engine and the Zenith carbs. The car runs very nicely (once warmed up, of course).
    3. Rewired a number of small electrical issues. All the lights and signals work.
    4. Replaced the spare with a brand new tire, replaced a missing jack.
    5. Replaced the shift linkage coupling. (These wear out and must be replaced or you hunt for gears, very sloppy. Shifts tight and accurate now).
    6. Detailed the car as best as possible. It’s a 43 year old car that has been restored to driver condition. This car looks great and drives great but will not (in my opinion) win any shows.

Hopefully Rich can answer your specific questions regarding the rebuild of the motor. Please let me know if we can help in any way.

Thanks,

Bill

p.s. I’ve only driven this car about 100 miles and I think Rich told me it had about 200 miles on it after the rebuild.

Bill Brenner
    South Bay Honda

I thought some of us would want to know about this connection.

Alan

Oh Yeah! Kreiger is back...
    Bill Conway, Early S Registry member #254
    1970 S, 2.2L Silvermetallic Coupe
    1973 T, 3.2L Black Carrera Targa
    1969 T, 2.4L Silvermetallic Targa

Quote Originally Posted by silverc4s View Post
    Oh Yeah! Kreiger is back...
    Who is Rich Kreiger? Do tell.
    Mark Erbesfield
    2018 911 Carrera T 7spd manual 😊
    1973 911S #9113301282
    1957 356A #58648
    1966 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ45LV
    1982 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40
    1977 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40
    1972 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 FST (Factory Soft Top)
    1971 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 “Patina Queen”
    1979 MB 450SL "Dad's old car"
    2019 Cayenne "Wife's car"

I suggest you do a search on this board and others. It is important to know this name, pseudonyms, and anything else you can if you may be buying a car on the Internet.

Alan

Search 'born2bfast' here and on Pelican. Lots of background info.

goes under "Wayne Kreiger" also.
    Steve

Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Run, Forrest, Run !!
    Member #755
    Conda Green 70 911S
    70 black 914-6 3.2
    70 911 "Speedster" project
    "74 IROC" tribute Jade Green RSR

I am so tired of hearing about this guy . There is a long thread on this cat on pelican. I don't know him but his shop at Infineon was near mine at one time but he moved before I knew the skinny.. actually I heard he may have been asked to leave .

No personal experience but it is strange to me no one has taken this guy down legally. Maybe all of the people who have been burned should pool some funds hire an attorney to get the DA involved and go after this guy once and for all. If 10% of the complaints are true this situation is not a misunderstanding it is criminal

So yeah... insert name ..... RUN (here)RUN !!!
    935 Owners Registry #02
    1969 911S, 1970 Euro 914-6
    935 1978
    Copeman Porsche 911 IMSA GTO
    1981 924 Carrera GT

Wayne Krieger...Born2BFast ...aircooledclassics, etc, etc...

I think this guy has offered way more NPR-Big Bore P&C's Kits (for 356's)than the NPR-foundry ever produced!...I even bought a set and it brought me, and our office manager Gina, almost into the "luni-bin"...If it wasn't for her I would never received anything...she "smootched" him into telling her about his vacation, his house, his dark sides, tatto's etc,etc...LOL...I still have the kit in my possession for the famous future up-coming rebuild....btw...I have never met the guy but I noticed this picture on Pelican...VZ935, Is this your Infineon neigbour?... looks a little bit like Wayne Carini but he has a much nicer mustache!.../ Lars...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Lars Wikblad...

Early 911 "S" Registry # 527
    "R" Gruppe # 314