Thread: Low Mile '72 T - Is this for real?

Low Mile '72 T - Is this for real?

Besides the ad copy being really hard to read, I'm wondering why anyone would put a "ridiculously low reserve" on a low-mile car that has been significantly freshened...hopefully a useful discussion item for the board...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...fCarsQ5fTrucks
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

This car

"Sold" last week for $30k+ but now relisted. Wonder what happened too?

-Allen-
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (86.8 KB, 659 views)

Same seller had a different car for sale a while back. It was dalmation blue, but I know there was discussion regarding if it was indeed dalmation or not.

I recall he had the same type of "flourish" to that ebay auction as well.

e

Ok, found the thread on the car he previously sold. I know there's not a pic of the car, but I recall the thread very clearly due to the color question.

So, that car he was listing pretty high, can't remember the reserve, but it was a lot.

e

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ight=dalmation

Is houndstooth in the door panels period correct?

Quote Originally Posted by jzajfen View Post
    Is houndstooth in the door panels period correct?
    No, and the car lacks the MFI. Noticed also the coil was replaced with a "blue" one. Nice outside, but too many changes leave this at a sub $30k car in my opinion.

Something fishy about this one. Listed several times. The first time I don't believe the reserve was met at over $30k, second time bidding closed right around $30k and the reserve was met, and now it is re-listed. I haven't seen the car personally, but a customer of ours went to take a look (although I don't believe he had an opportunity to drive the car). I seem to recall that the auction for the blue car sold by this seller some months ago had a similar pattern. He certainly seems fond of the houndstooth. Draw your own conclusions.

Quote Originally Posted by sithot View Post
    This one? Listed as "Royal Purple". I thought that was a brand of oil.

Tom
    Royal Purple = Porsche Special order body color (341) for 1972 and 1973 model years. I think this color is also referred to as lilac, but can't remember where I have read this. I think that lilac or "Lila" or "Flieder" is what the color is called in German....

Quote Originally Posted by sithot View Post
    This one? Listed as "Royal Purple". I thought that was a brand of oil.

Tom
    Tom, yes that was the car that was in the earlier ad. Note the house in the background is the same.

e

Low Mile '72 T - Is this for real?

I love these ad copies where someone just has to have this car, then he goes on and on about what a great, rare, perfect, superb, excellent, etc, etc. car this is and he's so lucky to get it. And of course the next thing you always do in that case is SELL it. Heavens !!! could he be a "flipper??" I'm shocked
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.