Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baywatch green 911

Baywatch green 911

Does anybody know anything about the what appears to be a leaf? green 911 on EBAY? It was on EBAY about a year ago and I know it was discussed? Auction number is 300458829243. Supposedly owned by Baywatch star. I know there isn't a car out there that someone on here doesn't know about.

Auction photos and description is a bit lacking.

Thanks

Here is the link from not long ago: Might have to copy and paste my link though.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us

911T 1970 PREVIOUSLY OWNED BY BAYWATCH MOVIE STAR DAVID HASELHOFF

Unless Mr. Hasselhoff had two early 70's cars, this car has been on the market--off and on--for at least two years. In it's last incarnation it was black but I don't remember if that was the original color. It also had a dealer installed sunroof as opposed to a factory sunroof, as well as other "upgrades" that removed it from originality. I just remember that it took quite a while to sell (if in fact it ever did) and was advertised on several sites using the same "Hasselhoff" hook.

Now really!

When a eBay seller posts pictures like this, and this is all of them, you have to ask yourself a lot of questions....about the seller. No? Thanks.

-Allen-

PS look (at the few poor) pictures carefully. Hopefully you won't get eye strain as you attempt to see details.

Newest ad on eBay has several more pics that are a bit clearer--and raise a few more questions than answers.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970-...US_Cars_Trucks

Better pics

Now we can see more. Bones MIGHT BE OK...would have to see in person. Needs some stuff for sure like the correct year seats, sunroof fixed, etc. No money to be made by a flipper. Could be good car for oneself though to fix up economically and if you're handy . Part of the sunroof problem can be seen below, lying on the passenger seat. It's the front of the slider and pop up mechanism and looks like it broke away from the cable. Easy to fix...if you know how.

-Allen-

PS If actually owned by David Haselhoff, deduct $5,000
    Attached Images Attached Images

Baywatch green 911

And conversely, add value if owned by Pamela. (and keep the seats!)
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

One problem with the sunroof may stem from the fact it is aftermarket and parts are not readily available. Someone, I'm sure, knows the name of the manufacturer of these dealer installed roofs from the early 70's as there have been threads on Pelican dealing with the difficulty in finding parts. Just something to consider.

Edit: Found the thread http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...tuation-3.html

Apparently, these sunroofs were manufactured by Golde Sunroofs which is no longer in business and parts are virtually extinct.

Quote Originally Posted by edmayo View Post
    And conversely, add value if owned by Pamela. (and keep the seats!)
    HA! How about the sunroof, do we think it an add-on. If so, deduct..forget. The broken piece looks OEM.

-Allen-

OWNED BY BAYWATCH MOVIE STAR DAVID HASELHOFF ALL NEW RUBBERS REPLACED IN LAST 2YRS.

Boy was he brave. I'd thought it was "once and done".

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111