Thread: headlight switch schematic

Loud lederhosen saves lives hoffman912's Avatar

headlight switch schematic

does anyone have a schematic of a 68 headlight switch? ie the lay out of where all the numbers etc are and what they do..

i cant quite read all of them.

I am trying to connect my cibies to the high beam...
    Harry Hoffman
    1968 912 #3656, burgundy red 'Fritz'. Some mods..
    912 Registry charter member #912R0195-C
    Early 911S Registry Member #2070
    356 Registry Member #36691

http://hoffman912.blogspot.com/

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ghlight=switch

This should help. Can you post a photo of your '68, back of the switch?
    1966 911 #304065 Irischgruen

Loud lederhosen saves lives hoffman912's Avatar
    hmmm thanks..

so which terminal do i connect to if i want fogs to come on with low beams, and which terminal do i connect to if i want cibies to come on with high beams..

this is for the power source to my aux switches.

here are mine.. hard to read but this should help determine what i have hopefully..
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Harry Hoffman
    1968 912 #3656, burgundy red 'Fritz'. Some mods..
    912 Registry charter member #912R0195-C
    Early 911S Registry Member #2070
    356 Registry Member #36691

http://hoffman912.blogspot.com/

I put a simple answer in the other thread
    1966 911 #304065 Irischgruen

Per the attached thread, you connect to the fuse block, which ultimatly ties back to the switch.

Olin

Quote Originally Posted by orange911 View Post
    Harry, yes you can have all on a separate switch with independent relays and still operate based on headlight switch function. You should treat the referenced circuit as a guide for the Cibies. Leave the TTG as is, and repeat the process as I outlined earlier with the high beam connections on terminal 1 or 2 on fuse panel 2. Needed extras to be separate from TTG: relay, switch and wiring.

The only extra power generated on the headlight fuse is that which is required to pull in the contacts on the relay, so I am not concerned of overloading the switch - which is still protected by the fuse. The issue with too many watts with the headlights kills the turn signal/hi-lo beam switch. This has been corrected by many by installing a relay into the headlights circuit since they did not have one initially. Make sure you do this upgrade as well if not already.

If your TTG lights are using fuse 2 on fuse panel #1 for power (connects to terminal 30 on relay), then you may overload that terminal with the cibies if you choose to use them at the same time. Guessing you do not have power windows, you could carry the load by using fuse 3 on panel 1 to drive the Cibies. A heavy gauge (20 amp rating) red wire from the battery will need to be connected to the other side of terminal 3. The red wire is what powers the lights and should be rated for double the amps you will draw with the lights. 100w @ 12v = 8.33 A. I would use a 15 A rated wire or larger if this is not nominal.
    Olin