Thread: In Search of an Old Friend

In Search of an Old Friend

Members,

I am attempting to locate a 911 I previously owned.

It is a 1973.5 911T (TK Coupe) in Gemini Metallic Blue(8686).

Chassis #9113102821
    Engine #6135139
    Transmission #339575
    Plate #2KUM619

Some years ago I was forced to part with this 911. At the time I had a broken back and many medical bills...

In 1997 I purchased the non running Porsche when I was eighteen from the original owner who had retired it to his garage. I restored the car to factory original while attending high school and college. This car has a great deal of sentimental value to me.

Luckily I was able to have many great times with it. From spirited coastal drives to Porsche's 50th anniversary at Laguna to dates with my high school sweet heart. Even appreciated the occasional breakdowns and parts hunting which led to making friends at EASY and swaps... This car was a partner in crime my entire young adult life. As much as I am passionate about Porsches, I have never had the desire to replace this one with another.

I do not have a contact for the current owner. The car was last registered and seen in the SF Bay Area in 2002.

If you have seen or know of the whereabouts of this car, and the owner is okay with it, please let me know.

I of course do not assume I will be able to buy it back, but the car is special enough to me to give locating it a try. It would also be fantastic just to know that the car has found a good home.

Please feel free to forward this message to other Porsche or early 911 groups where this ad would be appropriate.

Thanks for any help,
    Thomas Tuite
    503 484 6826
    tommytuite@gmail.com

Here's how the car looked before we parted ways:
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_pkmM37J0WO...heforreals.jpg

Hi Tommy,

Cool story about your and your former early 911. Looks like your car has gone to Germany where so many other nice US Porsches have gone the last few years.

It is listed as sold on Carpoint.de If you scroll down about a third the way down the page you will see it. Looks like the '73 black bumpers are gone as is the wheel arch trim. Now Fuchs instead of Cookies. In spite of what the description reads, it has aftermarket sport seats. Maybe they can put you in touch with the current owner there.

http://www.carpoint.de/germansite/an...che&verkauft=1
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

There She is!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow!
    Like looking at a long lost friend!
    I'm amazed! I really never considered that it could be exported!

Seeing the pictures is so satisfying. Engine and chassis still together!

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That really shows that folks really do care about these little cars.

I'll send them an email. Just to say hello. (Maybe an offer!)

You just made my day.
    Thanks,

-Tommy Tuite
    tommytuite@gmail.com

I imagine several of us have Old Friends like that.

Mine was 9113103051

Sold when my wife was diagnosed with cancer.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    techweenie.com

My parts fetcher: 2016 Tesla S | Currently building: 73 RSR tribute and 69 RS tribute

The ad translated by Google:

Chassis 9113102821 Engine No. 6135139 original Californian car with excellent unwelded body, perfect gaps since 2005, registered in Germany with H-plate rare late model with Bosch K-Jetronic (model 1973 1 / 2) Sunroof Radio Blaupunkt original sports seats in leather S-chromium in the following work in 2005: new carpet new paint new sky renewed renewed every rubber tires on the vehicle body and windows in 2006 Fuchs Wheels KM speedo

Olin

Tom,
    If the current owner is willing to sell, feel free to pm me as I live in Munich and am more than willing to help you get the car shipped back to Germany....
    Good Luck....

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy911t View Post
    Members,

I am attempting to locate a 911 I previously owned.

It is a 1973.5 911T (TK Coupe) in Gemini Metallic Blue(8686).

Chassis #9113102821
    Engine #6135139
    Transmission #339575
    Plate #2KUM619

Some years ago I was forced to part with this 911. At the time I had a broken back and many medical bills...

In 1997 I purchased the non running Porsche when I was eighteen from the original owner who had retired it to his garage. I restored the car to factory original while attending high school and college. This car has a great deal of sentimental value to me.

Luckily I was able to have many great times with it. From spirited coastal drives to Porsche's 50th anniversary at Laguna to dates with my high school sweet heart. Even appreciated the occasional breakdowns and parts hunting which led to making friends at EASY and swaps... This car was a partner in crime my entire young adult life. As much as I am passionate about Porsches, I have never had the desire to replace this one with another.

I do not have a contact for the current owner. The car was last registered and seen in the SF Bay Area in 2002.

If you have seen or know of the whereabouts of this car, and the owner is okay with it, please let me know.

I of course do not assume I will be able to buy it back, but the car is special enough to me to give locating it a try. It would also be fantastic just to know that the car has found a good home.

Please feel free to forward this message to other Porsche or early 911 groups where this ad would be appropriate.

Thanks for any help,
    Thomas Tuite
    503 484 6826
    tommytuite@gmail.com

Here's how the car looked before we parted ways:
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_pkmM37J0WO...heforreals.jpg

Here's the site in English with Porsche cars currently for sale...so I guess this site sold your car?

http://www.carpoint.de/germansite/an...ARKE=porsche_e
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Contact Attempted

Quote Originally Posted by gruen911 View Post
    Tom,
    If the current owner is willing to sell, feel free to pm me as I live in Munich and am more than willing to help you get the car shipped back to Germany....
    Good Luck....
    Thank You!
    I did email the website where the car was for sale. If I do hear back, I may be in contact with you.
    It is a loooong shot.
    I was looking at all the receipts, owner's manuals, ads, coa and so on that I still have for the car. Hoping it would be possible that I could at least hand that information to the current owner.

Really, all the photos and memories are keeping me happy and proud to have included the car into my life. No real need for the paper work!

These cars are special! They really do bring some great people together. Fantastic networking and sharing of stories!

Thank you all so much for help and feedback.
    -Tommy Tuite

Pretty close...

Tommy....Vin # 911 310 3315 ...Eng # 6135884 ... Blue California Plate # 695 HZK ...Was on E-bay not too long ago # 220638042277 .
    Not mine, might be sold, was/is owned by a "friend of a friend" let me know if you're interested.../ Lars... larsw@westmarksales.com
    Lars Wikblad...

Early 911 "S" Registry # 527
    "R" Gruppe # 314

In our shop right now...

That car is in our shop for maintenance right now.

I don't know if it's available for sale or not but I can find out if you are interested.

Scott Turnbull

Webmaster, California Porsche Restoration (caporsche.net)