Thread: Anyone know this car?

Looks

like the car that is on consignment here in Costa Mesa at Carparc (Hank). Looks nice in person, the only thing I do not care for is the 3.0 CIS motor. The mini's look great on it. I believe it was in the $60's.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuluracerx View Post
    like the car that is on consignment here in Costa Mesa at Carparc (Hank). Looks nice in person, the only thing I do not care for is the 3.0 CIS motor. The mini's look great on it. I believe it was in the $60's.
    Yes, looks like the same car. I am a fan of the minilites as well. Curious why you don't like the 3.0, I always thought is was a pretty good engine choice for this type of car?

Does anyone know what the thin diagonal rod is in this pic? I've seen plenty of triangulated strut brace setups but this way too thin and the mounting points don't seem to make sense for that.

Instead of hood strut.
    Karl: E911SR #792 ; RG #420 ; GS #7

'72T Coupe - Sepia Brown

Quote Originally Posted by AirKuhl View Post
    Yes, looks like the same car. I am a fan of the minilites as well. Curious why you don't like the 3.0, I always thought is was a pretty good engine choice for this type of car?
    The 3.0 part is fine, it's the CIS I dislike. IMO, it has no place on a hot rod like this. It's mechanical, or Webers for me. I lost all respect for CIS injection on my 87 Turbo, just impossible to flow enough juice to make good HP, airboxes that tended to blow up on backfire, and they sound anemic. Other than that I guess they are fine. That said, mine has Jenvey ITB and Motec so I guess I'm sort of a hypocrite. lol

Quote Originally Posted by karlusmagnus View Post
    Instead of hood strut.

Thanks, obviously my old-timers disease is kicking in.

No not really Airkuhl. Its not a solution that is very common.

You saw Keith's hot rod here http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ad.php?t=36379

Also look thru for sale ads going back several months and ask owners if cars are still available. Hot rods (which i obviously like) tend to find new owners and don't always sell straight away.
    I knew of a nice continental orange hot rod that was available not so long ago, with the following engine "Twin Plug 3.5 with Motec M-48 coil on plug ignition and sequential injection. RSR cams. 50mm TWM 3006 throttles with Pipercross foam filters. -6 AN Fuel line from tank with full flow filters before and after the Turbo Bosch fuel pump. 60 row Earls oil cooler in passenger fender with -12 AN braided line hidden in the rocker. 283rwhp. Fast."

Depends upon what you want. I can check if that orange car is still around. PM me or email me. I have no connection with the car other than i have seen it and know the owner and it was for sale a few months back and is a nice car with a nice paint job.
    Karl: E911SR #792 ; RG #420 ; GS #7

'72T Coupe - Sepia Brown