Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Option G64

Option G64

To All, I'm working with PNA with a incorrect COA for my 73 1/2 T. The Kardex is showing option G64. Anyone have a clue? PNA doesn't. Thanks, Haig
    Haig Haleblian
    67 Stan Townes Speedster
    70 911 S Silver/Black Sport Seats S/R
    71 911 S Signal Yellow/Blk Alloy Decks
    57 Barnfind Ruby Red Speedster
    57 Orange/Tan Two Owner Cab 38k miles documented
    58 Stone Grey/Red Coupe/Red

More parts and parts cars than any man needs

A lot of people have asked about the G64 option over the last 10 years, but no one seems to have an answer for it. I think that only a careful comparison of equipment on the car compared with a window sticker and the COA might reveal the truth. It does seem to be a 1973 only option.
    I'm including some window stickers from 1973, and it seems these options are sort of confusing.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

Any chance it's this?:

G64 front shock absorption

From this list:

http://www.vaglinks.com/Docs/Misc/Au...tionsCodes.pdf
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Quote Originally Posted by 72targa View Post
    Any chance it's this?:

G64 front shock absorption

From this list:

http://www.vaglinks.com/Docs/Misc/Au...tionsCodes.pdf

It was a pretty hefty price and on a couple of those COAs along with Koni options at cost. I wouldn't think you'd get two option charges for shocks....

One thing I don't see on any of those COAs is Air Con.
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Not likely to be an Audi code.
    So there is G03, G53 and G64 options, each with about $1000 price tag.
    From this thread I get a feeling that G03 is A/C:
    http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...barn-find.html
    From this post I get a feeling that G53 is A/C:
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...&postcount=378
    So I think Michael is probably correct. Still, why three codes?

Quote Originally Posted by davep View Post
    Not likely to be an Audi code.
    So there is G03, G53 and G64 options, each with about $1000 price tag.
    From this thread I get a feeling that G03 is A/C:
    http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...barn-find.html
    From this post I get a feeling that G53 is A/C:
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...&postcount=378
    So I think Michael is probably correct. Still, why three codes?
    Could very well be. If you search the list I attached, you'll surmise that it's a Porsche+Audi list, I believe...
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Greetings. Years after this thread was started, I believe I can shed some light on on the ever-elusive Option Group G64. I'm original owner of a 73T with that option group. I've always had an idea of what it might include, but I've tried for years to find someone who could give me a definitive answer. I have a friend whose wife has a relative that works at the factory. On one of her trips stateside, I asked if there was any chance she could help define what was included in G64. She came back with:

G64 includes the following:
    1- Leichtmetallfelgen – Alloy Wheels
    2- Recaro Sportsitze – Recaro Sportseats
    3- Größere Stabilisatoren – bigger Stabilizers
    4- Komfort Ausstattung (z.B. Lederapplikationen) – Comfort configuration such as Leather Applications etc.

My own estimation was that it included factory sport seats, sway bars, S exterior trim, aluminum side kick panels, S instrumentation, and Fuchs wheels. At least I have all of those items on my car and they are not listed on the window sticker. Interestingly, I don't think have a patch of leather on my car. Possibly the steering wheel, but it's up in the attic and a Prototipo is on the car.

Anyway, hope that helps somebody out there.

Mike

So, now it seems we have definitive information on G64. Since I last posted on this thread, I have learned that these types of options (Gxx) are Group options that contain more than one normal Mxxx option at what might be a special price. Each year the leading letter changes, and G (perhaps another letter was used as well to go over the 100 limit) was for 1973 and Kxx was used for 1974.
    Thus G64 comprised M400, M409, M403, M470

A strange quirk of the Porsche option system was the M470, which was in essence also a Group option, and one whose contents varied almost every year as some components became standard equipment. It would be helpful to see if your family source could assist us with the large # of Group options that must exist, but for which there is no information. Feel free to contact me on this.

Thanks for pointing to the specific option codes. That was quite helpful. I would only question the M403 option you mentioned. As near as I can tell there were two stabilizer bar options, M403 and M404, with M404 having larger diameter bars? The translation would indicate that M404 was the option in the G64 group.

And I'm not sure we can go back to the well on your suggestion. Again, it is a friend's wife's relative. But I will ask. Believe me, I can sympathize with everyone else out there trying to identify what was included in these mysterious option groups.

And I found a description of the M470 option that is pretty much spot on with what is on my '73T: M470 – Appearance Group for 911 T & E – Comprises of 911S Instruments, Leatherette Covered Steering Wheel, (Wider) 911S Rubber Mouldings on Bumpers and below Doors, Chromed Rocker Panels, Aluminum Door Sills, Velour Carpeting as in 911S

Again, thanks for the help.

Mike

Bad news. The relative still works with Porsche, but no longer at the factory. I'm told the ability to walk down the hallway and ask a favor has been lost. I feel bad that the info is longer at our fingertips, as I know the pain of chasing the information for years.

If anything changes, I'll report back.

Mike