Thread: wanted to buy / borrow/ rent early sport seat tilt base

wanted to buy / borrow/ rent early sport seat tilt base

I have the pictured one below on the way. it's close but needs a couple of mods to be correct.

I would like to buy/ borrow/rent a true base for a couple of weeks. I need to make some critical measurements, so if you have one sitting around at the moment and would be willing to help, drop me a line. I'm sure we can figure out an arrangement that works.

failing that, if someone is willing to take a few minutes to make some accurate measurements for me that would be a big help. if you have a base and can do this for me drop me a line and I'll send a pic of what I need.

thanks for looking, Don.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Its been done

Einmalig.com
    Clyde Boyer

1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed
    1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed my first ever 911 (1995)

Early S Registry Member #294
    First Aussie R Gruppe Member #366
    TYP 901 Register Inc #6

I'm doing it mostly for my own interest. and I haven't seen aluminum ones as yet. could you post some links to where these repros are available? I've looked and couldn't find anything. I know andyjboy here has done them on occasion, but I'd be interested in the ones you're referring to. much appreciated, Don.

Sorry missed the alloy bit I agree haven't seen that done yet and sure would save some serious weight I suspect
    Clyde Boyer

1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed
    1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed my first ever 911 (1995)

Early S Registry Member #294
    First Aussie R Gruppe Member #366
    TYP 901 Register Inc #6

Quote Originally Posted by BOYER73S View Post
    Its been done

Einmalig.com
    I know they are doing the 69-73 version, but wasn't aware they were doing the early ones. I just spoke to someone pretty familiar with his inventory, and they are also not aware of Brian doing the 67/68 version either.

Note that there has been a version done out of the UK, Andy I think, and I bought one and it was just about "perfect" in my opinion. Also there was a very recent post regarding another one out of the UK, they also looked extremely nice. I contacted them, and they said they were a few months away from starting production.

Aluminum sounds good, but there won't be any serious weight loss as this particular "console" doesn't weigh anywhere near as much as the 69-73 version. Good luck!

regards,
    Eric

thanks for the info Eric. I don't expect a big weight savings for the aluminum, it's just nice to work with and I like welding it.

I'm not looking to re-invent the wheel here. if they're already out there, please let me know.

Clyde. could you let me know who you're referring to that's doing these in steel? I'm fairly lazy and would rather not go to the trouble if I don't need to. thanks much, Don.