Thread: 1967 911 ppi

1967 911 ppi

I was interested in this car and had a PPI performed. I'll be very nice to the seller and just say, "it needs about 10K at least to make it a driver." That statement was reconfirmed by the company which did an absolute outstanding evaluation of the car.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1967-...item3a5ef23b3d

Jim

For future reference VIN 305801.
    Did you get a serial # for the engine that is currently installed; it was supposedly upgraded to S spec in 1993?
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

Actually, I was so shocked by the list of problems I didn't ask that question on the follow up. But I'm sure they did check it and if you really want to know I can find out.

Jim

It's usually not hard to find $10k worth of things to do on a "driver" 911
    Tom F.

'67 911S Slate Gray
    '70 911T 2.8 hotrod (in progress)
    '92 964

Quote Originally Posted by juche_namja View Post
    Actually, I was so shocked by the list of problems I didn't ask that question on the follow up. But I'm sure they did check it and if you really want to know I can find out.

Jim
    It would be worth knowing if the original case was there, and just upgraded, or if a proper S engine was installed. Also the transmission; is it still original?
    I agree, it is easy to drop $10K doing little fix-ups on a 40 year old car. What was the list of problems?
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

'67 911 ppi

I was interested in this car and had a PPI performed. I'll be very nice to the seller and just say, "it needs about 10K at least to make it a driver." That statement was reconfirmed by the company which did an absolute outstanding evaluation of the car.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1967-...item3a5ef23b3d

Jim
    Jim - Do you mind sharing who did the PPI?
    Thanks - Hank

Yes the motor is original as verififed on the PPI. #909475

Generally...Motor: has several problems and need to come out to repair e.g. #4 was at 100PSI and car smoked on exceleration, some issues with an after market fuel pump and lines. Body: FT hood needs to be replaced and L door doesn't shut well, there was replacement pan/welding done and needs work as it might not have been preped and or installed properly, and car had lots of sand marks. Interior: headliner showed water damage, L seat shot, rubber mats and threshold mats missing. Electrics: some issues with tail/turnsignal ligts lens and horn kept going off. No tools/jack etc and spare tire was dry rotted and flat. Rear wheels/rim too big and rubbing. Thats a quick overview and might have forgot something. 10K was a conservative estimate by the shop who did the PPI as to what it would cost to get the car on the road safely.

Jim

Good info.

Yes the motor is original as verififed on the PPI. #909475

Generally...Motor: has several problems and need to come out to repair e.g. #4 was at 100PSI and car smoked on exceleration, some issues with an after market fuel pump and lines. Body: FT hood needs to be replaced and L door doesn't shut well, there was replacement pan/welding done and needs work as it might not have been preped and or installed properly, and car had lots of sand marks. Interior: headliner showed water damage, L seat shot, rubber mats and threshold mats missing. Electrics: some issues with tail/turnsignal ligts lens and horn kept going off. No tools/jack etc and spare tire was dry rotted and flat. Rear wheels/rim too big and rubbing. Thats a quick overview and might have forgot something. 10K was a conservative estimate by the shop who did the PPI as to what it would cost to get the car on the road safely.

Jim
    The sanding marks probably were a result of taking off the racing stripes and not properly finishing the job.

-Allen-
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Defender of the Normal John Fusco's Avatar
    They were asking $80,000.00 for that just over a year ago, as an S.

My how times have changed....that car however, first without, then with, now without racing stripes really hasn't changed since I saw it (in person) four or five years ago.

Du must schwein haben

901/05 #305701

Bultaco Metralla 62 M8
    1968 BMW R69S

Early911SReg #606

This car is for sale in Sweden now.