Thread: For Sale: Very original 1967 911

For Sale: Very original 1967 911

1967 Porsche 911

Chassis No. 307853

Engine No. 911479

Numbers-matching and completely original throughout, this two-owner 1967 Porsche 911 Coupe still wears all of its original Bahama Yellow lacquer finish over a black leatherette interior. A dry California car from new with both of its documented-original CA black plates(all registration stickers still intact), its original engine and transmission are both in excellent running condition! The car's bulletproof documentation includes its original service book, owner’s manual and Porsche Certificate of Authenticity.

Thought to be one of the most original survivor-grade examples currently on the market, this outstanding early short-wheelbase 911 is a good as it gets. Examples such as this particular car are few and far between, and while authentic examples of these cars with high-quality restorations are available from time to time, there is no substitute for an excellent original car such as this one. We are so confident in the rarity and quality of this 911; we welcome scrutiny from the most qualified Porsche purists.

* All original date-coded wheels, including spare.
    * Includes its original service book, driver’s manual, Blaupunkt radio manuals.

Asking $62,000.00 and entertaining offers.

Contact Jose Romero: jose@driversource.com

View detailed pictures here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/drivers...57624872022590

This very nice car

Folks,

Was discussed previously when for sale by Steve Watson at Car Planet (I can't find the thread now..maybe it was removed ) Update: after doing a thorough search it appears Steve pulled his original thread advertising this nice car. BTW, there was nothing controversial about the post or the car as far as I recall. Now the history is lost though. Shame! I've forgotten Car Planet's original asking price but, in the end, he said he was going to take it to auciton which, apparently, is what he did.

Anyway, it ended up selling at aucton for $45,100. Here is the thread that reported the sale:

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ghlight=307853

-Allen-

Interesting dynamics here, I think. I am in the investment business, so I am very interested in how markets work. I would say the auction market at Monterey is very efficient. I wonder why someone (the seller in this case) would think a car is worth $16,000 more, 22%, than it sold for just a month ago.

Jose, I am not trying to give you a hard time at all. The ability to know the market better than most is a great skill! It is a difference of opinion that makes a horse race.

What's the mileage on the car?
    Early 911S Registry #224
    911S Targa 1973
    356B Roadster 1962