Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New member

HI

I wanted to use the opportunity to introduce myself as a new member. I recently made my first classic Porsche purchase getting a 1965 2.0l SWB with the chassis #302471. As far as I can tell and it will only be confirmed over time, the car is largely a well preserved example, un-restored and very original. Only the left front fender and engine cover have been repainted (but not removed, showing no accident damage), and the side sills being from a ‘67/’68 model year, plus a few other rather minor details reflecting modern use. The car has been carefully used over the last 45 years and it shows it with pride. With all the very well restored cars around I am quite happy to have found an example that is effectively the same built condition as it left the factory many years ago. I will try to keep it that way if possible.

My first objective is therefore to keep the car as is and simply enjoy the ride a bit, however, my ultimate aim is to “develop” it a bit further and turn it into the “Monte Carlo Spec” as the car was used by Herbert Linge who came 5th in the 1965 rally Monte Carlo Rally. My believe today is that the car in that spec could be better equipped to participate in selective track events or classic rallies with the Tour Auto and Le Mans Classic a distant dream. Should anyone have any of the details or pictures relating to that particular spec, I would be more than glad to receive them.

Added a few pictures for your enjoyment.

Best,
    Thomas
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Thumbs up

Very nice Thomas.......... welcome to the board
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Welcome Thomas, now that is a peach.
    Scott H.
    1969 Coupe LtWt
    1973.5 911T

Wow, that would be tough to touch..........
    86 Sport Purpose Carrera "O4"

Welcome to the Registry.

Yeah, I agree w/ Luke. The interior is especially nice. Those 'just right' worn leather seats are just fantastic.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Great car congratulations. Those seats are beautiful. I love the well worn look of leather. I'd be proud to sit in those.

Cheers
    "He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

1971 911e
    1978 911sc Targa (Sold)
    1973 911 RSR (Clone)

Great car! Please some more pictures...

John
    Early 911S Registry #931
    --------------------------------
    1971 911 2.2S Coupe Albert Blue
    1971 911 2.2T Coupe Tangerine
    2005 997 C2S Coupe special 1965 slate grey
    1978 911 3.0 SC Targa Silver w/chrome trim

Guys, thanks for the nice comments. I am really excited about the car and look forward to our journey together.

As for the seats they are indeed very nice and compfy but provide only very limited support. So I may look for some original buckets as well to have the choice. Btw apparently they were an expensive extra at the time and the quality of the leather is amazing. Also the buckels of the seatbealts have "PORSCHE" stamp onto them. Was that original at the time?

Best,
    Tee

Is that Polo Red ? Very nice.

Best

JZG
    Before it became Ruprecht, my Porsche was a '70 911 T

Paying member No. 895 since 2006

" slavish adherence to originality wasn't for me, because the car wasn't as good as it could be."
    Rob Dickinson's response when asked what motivated him to build Singers

Quote Originally Posted by John Z Goriup View Post
    Is that Polo Red ? Very nice.

Best

JZG
    yes Polo red