Thread: Recaro Bucket Seats- ID & Value?

Recaro Bucket Seats- ID & Value?

Does anyone know which model Recaro these seats are? About what vintage they might be? Any ideas on current value?

Thanks in advance,

Mike
    1968 911 #11830241
    Early S Registry #810
    R Gruppe #461

My feeling is that these are not Recaros for a number of reasons:

- area where bottom of headrest tubes meet seat back
    - area where seat back meets sides at the base
    - area where sliders attach to base of seat (usually stands 'proud' of seat base)
    - method of attaching (& syle of) upholstery (although this could easily have been modified over the years)
    - grp seat base cut out & replaced with 'sprung' upholstery (although I have seen this on similar Scheel seats)

Andy

Early 911S Reg #753
    R Gruppe #105

Hello. Could you please let me know the price once you have one
    As I may be intertested in buying them.

Thanks in advance

Alan

Nice Recaro's.....

I'm not sure of what the model is... I'm not in my office, and am traveling on the road.

I do believe they are correct Recaro's, had a few that looked identical. The upholstery is clearly aftermarket. I've seen somewhere regarding the bottom cutouts was to provide lower seating for the occupants. I've got just such a seat right now as a matter of fact, including the grommet hole right at the back bottom. Hate to disagree with Andy, but I think they are real as my seat that's identical has some correct original upholstery still on it. Note the correct headrests as well.

Value? Not sure, sorry.

Eric

Thanks for all the info- I appreciate it.
    1968 911 #11830241
    Early S Registry #810
    R Gruppe #461

Mike,
    they are real Recaros- Eric and Andy I'm disapponited
    The upholstery has been redone for sure - the leatherette is not fixed with the little (clear) plastic grommets at the correct place. That the seat has a cut out at the bottom is right.
    These seat were idented to use at the 914 and let you sit lower! Also the headrest is a bit smaller so that the seat can be put complete back.
    I have the seats as well - it is pretty rare and if you ask me for value...
    But if you want to sell - let me know

I do also have a advertisement in the past day but could not find it right now. I will post it when I have it in my fingers.

Thanks Yeti

Quote Originally Posted by varunan123 View Post
    yeti

Are you saying these seats are for 914 only.I have noted that the back to these look quite vertical in relationship to the bottom-typical of 914 seats.Here is a photo of a period seat advertized as a 911 seat looks similar but no photo of bottom.

raj
    I also think so Raj...

Hi Raj,
    I can only say that these were intended to use for the 914. I have found a picture from the Recaro advertisement in the past days. I have one more but not found yet.

The normal seat for comparrison.

The König seat - it is a very lean back seat position.

A Scheel option:

You are right with the vertical position of the back of the seat. But these are the information I know (I can be wrong of course). We are more common with the seats used in the 911
    The blue seats you have shown - I think they are the same Recaros.

Best Alex
    Thanks Yeti

Ah I forgot about - these seats were not used in the 914 GT. They were as far as I know a "civil option" and not for racing.
    They feel great in the 914 - the support is pretty good but comfortable, I need to recover one.

I have used this one in the past - but it was too tight. Forget about the cable shift system please - now it looks much better

Thanks Yeti

Raj,
    you are right of course - the picture shows the later '>72 modell 4 cylinder with 2 adjustable seats. I do not think that these seats were available in '69. I believe they were from late '71/'72. I have a complete advertisement in a old "auto motor & sport" or so which I have to search. I just have this picture on my PC. But I know from a guy that have owened a 914-6 and GT from the very beginning, that he has also this seat in his car and that he was completely satisfied with it. So I think it is "correct". I want to use it definately.
    Btw - do you know when the König seats were offered?
    Or any other options for street cars?

Nice pictures of Piech's car. When I was at the museum last and the first time the car was unfortunately covered so that I can not have a look on it. Hard to tell if these are Recaros or not? Why no headrest?
    Thanks Yeti