Thread: 1973T at Canepa

1973T at Canepa

Anyone have any info or history on this car? Any idea what they are asking?

http://www.canepacollection.com/deta...d-5420917.html

Thanks,
    Gary
    '73 T 2.7RS spec.

I'd be surprised if you could get this car for less than $75k.
    It's that nice per the pics.
    -Doug
    2022 Carrera 4S Oslo Blue
    1977 Martini Edition 924
    1989 Lancia Delta Integrale 16V

The 73T was most recently owned by Duane Hyatt of Scottsdale, AZ, and he bought it from Road Scholars. Duane had some work done on it at Patrick Motorsports while he owned it. I have seen it...very well restored and in fine condition.

http://www.theaircooledguys.com/

Gib
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

I crawled all over, in and under this car a few weeks ago. It presents for the most part as a showroom new car. Even the most hidden minor bolts under the car look new. It was listed at $99K iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringmeister View Post
    Anyone have any info or history on this car? Any idea what they are asking?

http://www.canepacollection.com/deta...d-5420917.html

Thanks,
    Gary
    Scott Tyler owned this car. When I spoke with him about 3 years ago, maybe more, (gee, time does go by fast ), was asking him about this car to possibly buy. He had it for sale on the S Registry for $44K. He told me the following: The car was original paint, other than the hood. It had a 4 speed from the factory. It had a cracked dash. When Duane owned the car, he had a 5 speed put in, and he had Air installed. Also, when Duane received the car, it had 1976, or 1977 wheels on it. Duane put on 7" wheels done by Harvey. I know this, as I wanted to buy the wheels from Harvey, and he is the one that said they were not the correct year for the car. I also saw the car at Canepa, and it did look great. They obviously did put a lot of time and energy in the car to make it look right. Great color also
    S Registry #265
    R Gruppe #224

When Duane received the car it had the wrong wheels as Eade said. We found correct wheels but Duane wanted to put on a special finish for one event. Then he was to put them back stock.. Never happened.
    I saw the car when we toured the shop and the only thing I thought it needed was the wheels done...
    H

Surely this car isn't worth more than the '73 S for sale on ebay that was on Pelican? BIN price of $64,500

Quote Originally Posted by davidbir View Post
    Surely this car isn't worth more than the '73 S for sale on ebay that was on Pelican? BIN price of $64,500
    Surely it is!
    Spend some time looking at both sets of pics and you'll see that the T is lightyears nicer than the S.
    The condition of the T more than makes up for the T vs S valuation difference....and then some.

Put in other words.....while the S is very nice, that T is virtually perfect from top to bottom.
    Last edited by skinnerd; 10-24-2010 at 01:12 AM.
    -Doug
    2022 Carrera 4S Oslo Blue
    1977 Martini Edition 924
    1989 Lancia Delta Integrale 16V

You guys have got to be kidding. The underside was restored with a can a of spray paint and some undercoat. Incorrect finish on most the parts. Seals missing on the under-tray. Ash try doesn't fit right. No radio (or incorrect block-off plate) Hardly a perfect car by any stretch...