Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Roger Grago Classic Car Tour November 20, 2010

Roger Grago Classic Car Tour November 20, 2010

As many of you are aware, we have been holding fundraisers for our friend Roger Grago.
    They have been very successful due to the generousity of time, merchandise and money donated to help Roger and his family. Much is still needed.

So, here is another one.

Registration is now open for the Roger Grago Classic Car Tour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On Saturday, November 20, there will be a tour of 3 of the FINEST Collections of Cars and Airplanes in country.

We will be starting off at Cars and Coffee, Irvine. Then drive to the home of General William Lyons in Coto de Caza to see his collection. If you have been to Pebble Beach, you are aware of Gen. Lyon and his collection of cars. Arrival at the Generals home is 9am SHARP.

Afterwards to the Collection of Don Murray in the Irvine Spectrum area. Some may have not heard of Don Murray's collection, but all will be talking about it for months to come afterwards.

We will have lunch somewhere, then arrive at the Lyon Air Museum at John Wayne Airport. We arrive there approx. 2-2:30pm, they close at 4pm.

The price is $85.00 per R Gruppe/Early 911 S Registry member. Lunch is NOT included in the price. If you want to bring a guest, make it an even $100.00. This is a Fundraiser, 100% goes to Roger, if you want to contribute more, DO IT!

I need to email a roster to Gen. Lyon's secretary by Saturday November 13. The roster is given to General Lyon himself and to the guard gate at Cota de Caza to let us in the community of Coto. I willl also forward a copy to Don Murray. Remember, they are private collections, they have the right to know who is coming. The air museum is public

The total people will be 100 individuals, only 40-50 cars are allowed to park on the property in Coto. So, the first 50 people to send me a check, get to drive their car in. The last 50 people will have to make arrangements.

Please make your check, payable to Calvary Chapel Foothill Ranch. In the memo, Roger Grago:

Email me at socalrgruppe@aol.com and I will send you the address to send the check.

Include your name and guests name AND telephone # and email address. As I recieve the checks, you will get a reply from me.

As it gets closer, I may need a volunteer or 2 or 3 to help out.

I really would like this event sold out at 100 people...Please tell and bring whoever.

Thank You,

See you in November.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Crawford
    Early S Registry #271
    R Gruppe #255
    '70 911 S Coupe 2.9 w/MFI Twin Plug "Flairs n Chairs"
    '72 911 S Targa 2.4 w/MFI

Ray - If ok, I will let our Alfa friends know and post over at the AlfaBB - Since there are very tasty Alfas (And other Italian machinery) in both collections and the more the merrier for Roger!

Mike
    Mike Baum #505

57 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Sprint
    60 Citroën ID
    61 Lancia Appia Vignale Convertibile
    64 Alfa Romeo Giulia TI
    66 Lancia Flavia Sport Zagato
    69 911S Targa (Soft Window)
    72 Alfa Romeo Junior Zagato 1600

There is still room for you and your car if you wish to attend.

I will be sending in the final roster on Friday
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Crawford
    Early S Registry #271
    R Gruppe #255

Latest Update::

I have emailed General Lyon's secretary the roster for those attending this Saturday. Please confirm that your name is on the roster. You will note that I may have taken liberty with the name of your guest. That is because you paid for 2 and only gave me your name. Please PM me for the easy fix.

LUNCH: A catered lunch will be at the collection of Don Murray. The price is $20.00 per person. Please bring cash! If I added a guest with your name and you are going solo, let us know. There will be plenty of food, but we DO NOT WANT TO OVER ORDER AND WASTE FOOD!!

I may be able to add your name and get your car in the gate of Coto. If you are still undecided, decide NOW

Roster:
    Names: Number of Cars:
    1 Don Murray 1
    2 Carol Murray
    3 Derrick Boyks 2
    4 Brandon Johnson 3
    5 Samantha Johnson
    6 Joe Murray 4
    7 Susan Murray
    8 John Dilger 5
    9 Sylvia Salenicis
    10 Dan Reese 6
    11 Chris Reese
    12 Dick Moran 7
    13 Maureen Moran
    14 Dave Eck 8
    15 Eduardo Venegas 9
    16 Karen Weinberg
    17 Bruce Sansone 10
    18 Frank Buckholz
    19 Paul Kramer 11
    20 Ed Kramer 12
    21 Scott Hendry 13
    22 Janet Hendry
    23 Kent Moore 14
    24 Jerry Morris
    25 Nick Psyllos 15
    26 Mike Baum 16
    27 Mike McConnell
    28 Nick Reed 17
    29 Gina Reed
    30 Eade Hopkinson 18
    31 Cheri Hopkinson
    32 Marco Gerace 19
    33 Tony Gerace
    34 Sam Berro 20
    35 Lori Ruben
    36 William Junkin 21
    37 Debra Junkin
    38 Timothy Pick 22
    39 Lisa Pick
    40 Rick Kreiskott 23
    41 David Williams
    42 Ray Crawford 24
    43 Letty Evans
    44 John Manning 25
    45 Marjorie Manning
    46 David Sheffner 26
    47 Nancy Sheffne
    48 James Shira 27
    49 Kris Shira
    50 Bob Smith 28
    51 Debbie Smith
    52 John Willhoit 29
    53 Doug Morgan 30
    54 Joe Morgan
    55 Mike Sofka 31
    56 Jean Sofka
    57 Paul Kane 32
    58 Mike Willhoit
    59 Roger Grago 33
    60 Terrie Grago
    61 Tom Kearns 34
    62 John Risvold 35
    63 Gloria Risvold
    64 Sheila Bohman 36
    65 Sam Riela 37
    66 Estele Riela
    67 John Sofka
    Last edited by RC70SCoupe; 11-17-2010 at 12:52 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Crawford
    Early S Registry #271
    R Gruppe #255

Roster is closed!!!

In order to get an accurate head count for lunch, and the Lyon people notified, the Roster is now closed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Crawford
    Early S Registry #271
    R Gruppe #255

Inclement Weather??

Rain or Shine Saturday morning, we will still
    be meeting at Cars and Coffee, we will be leaving at
    8:15...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Crawford
    Early S Registry #271
    R Gruppe #255

JUST IN CASE WE MISS YOU:

Directions to Lyons Collection:

5 fwy south to Oso Parkway exit. Go East. Oso dead ends at Coto de Caza Drive/South Gate Entry
    Turn left into south security gate. Go 2 1/2 miles, look for BIG WHITE Colonial house on the hill to your left

PLEASE WAIT FOR US OUTSIDE THE GATE...IT WOULD BE NICE TO DRIVE IN AS A GRUPPE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Crawford
    Early S Registry #271
    R Gruppe #255

Thumbs up

Today was an absolute blast and driving was not even a part of it...

Both Gloria and I had one of the most warmth filled "Family vibe" days we can remember.....

It's hard to put today into words..... But I'd like to give a HUGE shout out to Ray for organizing, coordinating and generally overseeing the entire day....and Don and Carol Murray for sharing their awesome car collection as well as hosting a super yummy Mexican style lunch...wow....my words...they just fall way short.

We saw the stunning "over the top" car collection of Maj. Gen William Lyons in the morning.....Then our own special car show and lunch at Don and Carol Murray's....then in the afternoon off to Gen. Lyons personal WW2 aircraft collection at the John Wayne Airport.....unreal. If you stayed home 'cuz of the rain.... all I can say is you made the wrong call....way wrong call.

I know Roger had a super fun day.....he told me so a couple times while we were going over the various details of the aircraft in General Lyons collection. We spent a considerable amount of time at the Douglas A-26 Invader as his dad flew this plane as a test pilot among other duties in this aircraft.

If it wern't for the fact we all had different last names, it sure felt like family to me.

...just my .02 from my small capsule of the day... I'll post some pic's later on.

So, as Roger says...

All the Best !!
    Last edited by RSupdate; 11-20-2010 at 06:30 PM.
    Johnny Riz
    73E euro 3.2 w. a few goodies
    Rgrp 152
    S Reg 335

Thumbs up Here's a few shots as starters...

Various pic's that I found on the camera....
    Last edited by RSupdate; 11-20-2010 at 07:08 PM.
    Johnny Riz
    Rgrp 152
    S Reg 335

...and some more
    Johnny Riz
    Rgrp 152
    S Reg 335