Thread: What's a Senior Member ?

What's a Senior Member ?

Chuck,

I apologize in advance for being a PITA, since it's entirely possible that I simply did not pay attention to such things before the switchover to the new format, but I can't help noticing that since the switch, many posters have become "Senior Members".

As I said, maybe it's me and there have always been seniors & I just failed to notice it before we adopted the new system, but it does seem puzzling to me that we can have "registered members", or "paid members", guys with witty sayings as their profile, and true Senior Members in every sense of the term with join dates going back a whole lot longer than people with join dates in '08, '09 and I think I even saw a newbie who joined this year, many with relatively few posts, yet who are identified as Senior members.

What's that all about ? Would you please be kind enough to enlighten me.

Respectfully,

JZG
    Before it became Ruprecht, my Porsche was a '70 911 T

Paying member No. 895 since 2006

" slavish adherence to originality wasn't for me, because the car wasn't as good as it could be."
    Rob Dickinson's response when asked what motivated him to build Singers

Now I know you guys are just screwing with my mind.

I had entered Paid member #895 in my profile more than 2 years ago, and that has appeared in every one of my posts ever since.

When I wrote the above "What's a Senior Member" thread a few minutes ago and pushed the Submit key, I was taken back to the forum to review my post ( all perfectly normal and in order ) and my profile shown in the post now identifies me as a..............( you guessed it )........SENIOR MEMBER. My original notation about being a paid member is nowhere to be seen & it wasn't I who deleted the original notation.

Now I really would like an explanation, because I very much want to keep the Paid member #895 entry. If you'd prefer to talk to me Saturday at Kundensport, that's fine.

JZG
    Last edited by John Z Goriup; 10-28-2010 at 06:34 AM.
    Before it became Ruprecht, my Porsche was a '70 911 T

Paying member No. 895 since 2006

" slavish adherence to originality wasn't for me, because the car wasn't as good as it could be."
    Rob Dickinson's response when asked what motivated him to build Singers

John,

I don't have any idea.......

We'll all find out about all this stuff when new web admin. Jeremy comes back....

Cheers
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

We appear to have lost the ability to edit the text above our avatar. There must be some new logic that says "so many posts" or "so much time" equals "Senior Member".
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

deluxeco
    Test to see what member classification I have when I post. Curious.
    Ian Smith
    ES # 1523
    Skateboards
    Bicycles
    Motorcycles
    Truck
    Carrera

Test to see if my name still appears above my avatar

Edit. Yep, still does. Glad I am not a senior member, seeing as I am only 20.
    1971 911S, 2.7RS spec MFI engine, suspension mods, lightened
    Early 911S Registry Member #425

Test to see what is on my entries, as I just updated my profile anyway...

hmmm.. I am looking at it, and I have no idea where that picture came from - I don't think that is me...;>(
    Bill Conway, Early S Registry member #254
    1970 S, 2.2L Silvermetallic Coupe
    1973 T, 3.2L Black Carrera Targa
    1969 T, 2.4L Silvermetallic Targa