Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy Halloween

Happy Halloween

What did you do for Halloween?

Did you dress up?

Here's what I did ...

I got dressed up like an Italian Leather Sausage and went and cooked at Fontana.

-Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Marco, you human rocket !

very Saab colors, and that is a good cameratographer.

Reza

Help ma they're gunna wash my car

Quote Originally Posted by 1971 911T View Post
    Marco, you human rocket !

very Saab colors, and that is a good cameratographer.

Reza
    It's like being shot out of a canon. Everyone needs a hobby...

The fastest I saw on my speedo was 148mph on the front straight (I went an idicated 152mph last time I was there), and I hit 134mph on the back straight (my police-officer friend and riding buddy brought his radar gun ). I just did some suspension and brake work and the bike was feeling really solid ... too much traffic in my group so the best time I could muster was a 1:48.2 on the AMA course.

As for the colors, well, it's my rattle-can SUNOCO theme. I have a matching suit but it was off at Vanson for zipper repair (I'm getting fatter )
    -Marco

Where's the vid?

Quote Originally Posted by CurtEgerer View Post
    Where's the vid?
    Sorry, bud. I'm not that techno savvy ... yet.
    -Marco

Marco,

I dressed for halloween as well. I'm a total noob on the street and it was my first bike track experience! Needless to say my knee pucks are still shiny new ...

Dude, you're fast.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TKO; 11-05-2010 at 03:18 PM.
    Tom
    Early 911S Reg #544

Quote Originally Posted by TKO View Post
    Marco,

I dressed for halloween as well. I'm a total noob on the street and it was my first bike track experience! Needless to say my knee pucks are still shinny new ...

Dude, you're fast.
    Alright Tom!! Welcome to the Dark Side of Ducati ownership.

I hope you had an absolute blast at the racetrack; I love Fontana because it is F-A-S-T and forgiving. Did you take the New Rider School? What was your first experience like? My first-ever trackday was at Laguna Seca and it was TERRIFYING.
    -Marco

Yes Marco I was in the New Rider School. I was fine untill I was being passed on the straight like I was standing still. That freaked me out a bit. Learned ALOT and can't stop thinking about it ... it was really cool. I'll be back!

Glad you were able to see the Turbo a few weeks ago at AutoKennel.
    Tom
    Early 911S Reg #544

Like anything, the more you do it the better you get. But, hey, I was doing almost 150mph down the front straight and I was getting passed like I was standing still, too. It's definitely intimidating, but if you keep yourself composed and on the line and you'll be fine.

There's an MV-themed trackday at the Streets of Willow on Monday if you can make it. The Hypermotard boys will be there and they're a great group to hang with. I may go if I can find the time off work...at the very least I'll show up late with my leathers and catch a ride on someone elses bike.

I'm glad that Turbo's treating you well. It's nice to know it's being used; it's a bad ass ride.
    Last edited by Mr9146; 11-04-2010 at 11:28 AM.
    -Marco

Nice Marco - lookin' good. I have always wondered what it would feel like to ride a race bike at speed. Or maybe not... Hey, isn't that Sunoco scheme supposed to be yellow over blue?

Techno-savvy? Can you spell G-O-P-R-O? Suction cup, press power, press shutter button, ride. Easy. Best vid you can imagine (for now anyway).
    Scott H.
    1969 Coupe LtWt
    1973.5 911T