Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which exhaust headers are this?

Which exhaust headers are this?

My 1969 2.0S engine with mechanical fuel injection comes with these exhaust headers.

I was wondering if these were original, aftermarket or self made. Can anyone help me out here?

Best regards

Talitho

Nobody with some useful input ?

I do not know. They look just like mine. I got mine from Marco Gerace at TLG Automotive. Maybe you can ask him? http://tlgauto.com/ (his email is marco@tlgauto.com)

He is also "Mr9146" on this board.
    1971 911S, 2.7RS spec MFI engine, suspension mods, lightened
    Early 911S Registry Member #425

I have this set of headers purchased from a guy who believed they may have been originals in the original packaging, this is what he said...

"I PURCHASED A 65 911 YEARS AGO AND THESE HEADERS CAME WITH THE CAR. I AM NOT SURE WHAT APPLICATION THEY HAVE BUT THEY WERE IN THE ORIGINAL PORSCHE SHIPPING BOX, MINUS THE PACKING SLIP SO IM NOT POSITIVE, PLEASE ASK QUESTIONS AND DECIDE IF THESE ARE WHAT YOU NEED, THEY ARE IN LIKE NEW SHAPE, BUT APPEAR TO HAVE BEEN ON A CAR FOR A SHORT TIME."
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Joe Annicelli
    Early 911S Registry #751
    Polo Red/Black 1967 Porsche 911S Coupe "Walter"
    Black/Red 1967 Alfa GTJr. Coupe "Nero"
    Italian Red 1994 Ducati 900SS/SP looks fast standing still
    Italian Red 1957 Gilera 150 Sport

Ahhhh the sixties... I envision myself one early Saturday morning wearing plaid shorts, black shoes with white socks smoking a cigarette heading to the hardware store to buy a bag of nails.
    SWB cars are an acquired taste however once acquired theirs no turning back.

Well, those are original factory heat exchangers from 1967 on with the clamshells removed. See the lines of rust around the pipes just below the exhaust port flanges? Those show you where the clamshells used to be. See how the tubes go forward, then up, then backward? See how the three tubes come together at a single point? That's "ssi-style."

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...imate-sin.html
    Last edited by 304065; 11-10-2010 at 10:56 AM.
    1966 911 #304065 Irischgruen

On second look, mine look more like the "Genuine Porsche" headers, the pipes are not so much all on one plane.
    1971 911S, 2.7RS spec MFI engine, suspension mods, lightened
    Early 911S Registry Member #425

My ltwt has headers that look exactly like Joe's with that connecting piece. I planned on installing h/e this winter and posting a photo to see what the collective brain trust says I have. I agree with John in that the OP headers look like h/e with the shell cut off.
    Scott H.
    1969 Coupe LtWt
    1973.5 911T

Thank you guys, things are getting clearer now.

Seems like my headers are original ones, which later on have been modified (clamsshells removed) like '304065' already mentioned.

Here is a better picture of that junction in the pipes that gives it away. Contrast this with the three-into-one collector of the factory race headers.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    1966 911 #304065 Irischgruen

Which exhaust headers are this?

Say, John, who's scummy old engine did you use for that picture???
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.