Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paint Identifier "Special order Green"

Paint Identifier "Special order Green"

Hi

This colour was a special order supplied on a 1967S RHD to the UK, the only special colour S supplied that year. (think there were only 34 UK S cars in 67)

I have just acquired this car an am embarking on a full restoration including original colour. Paint code identifier has long gone so looking for ideas

Waiting for the Porsche identification doc’s but was wondering if anyone recognises?

Ossi Blue??????

Hi Radmund,

I have, but waiting for the info to come back from Porsche UK. Could be a "one off" here's hoping :-)

I read the post too fast, and missed that you was waiting for the official documents...(thats why I deleted my reply )

Will be interesting to see what the factory can tell you. A one off would be great!! Especially on a rare RHD.

Best, Radmund
    S-Reg #1382
    67S Lavender
    70S Silver, original Slate Gray Japan delivery

Looks alot like Ossi Blue. I am restoring a 68 911L that was orignal Ossi Blue, so I have been looking at Ossi Blue samples lately. Regards Chris S-Reg#205

Indeed, what’s confusing is the kardex states “special order green” strange……

Looking at Ossi Blue on various cars on the net, one looks similar but the rest look tooooo blue.

Details

911S Coupe
    Chassis 307606S
    RHD
    Exterior Special order, Green
    Interior Black
    Manufactured February 1967
    AFN Import 14/3/1967
    Sold by Superstar Garage
    Sold 21/3/1967
    Last edited by visualfx; 11-16-2010 at 09:22 PM.

Hi,

Have you checked gulf blue? I am not sure ossi blue was available in 67, I think it started in 68, (but that does not mean it was a very similar colour to previous blues). In case a pic helps here is ossi blue on a car we painted a few years back.

I also have a letter from Porsche somewhere that listed how many UK RHD 1967S were made in each month for that production year. I will see if I can find it.

HTH

Alan

Alan is right. Ossi was not a 67 colour. Gulf (which is not the same as the later gulf blue) and aga were the two standard 67 blues. Special order blues were crystal, prussian, pastel, ultra and metallic in 67. Interestingly there are nine different greens listed as well.
    The number of rhd 67s by month were

6 in August 66
    5 in October
    4 in December
    2 in January 67
    6 in February
    4 in March
    5 in April
    2 in May
    1 in June

Regards
    Mike
    Last edited by 210bhp; 11-16-2010 at 03:30 PM.
    RS#1551(sold)
    67S
    73E (home after 25 years) and sold again
    Early S reg. #681

If it is indeed a special order colour, it surely would not be Gulf Blue as Gulf was a standard colour that year. Of the special order blues offered in 67 I'd say your car looks closer to Ultra blue than any of them. The COA should tell the true story.
    Marc C.
    1970E

Quote Originally Posted by visualfx View Post
    Hi

This colour was a special order supplied on a 1967S RHD to the UK, the only special colour S supplied that year. (think there were only 34 UK S cars in 67)

I have just acquired this car an am embarking on a full restoration including original colour. Paint code identifier has long gone so looking for ideas

Waiting for the Porsche identification doc’s but was wondering if anyone recognises?

Ossi Blue??????

Where was that photo taken, up inside the roof?

How do you know that is not the primer for a topcoat? Is that color all over the car?

I think "special order green" really means something like "paint to sample"-- I would be looking at places like the dashboard.

One thing Damon at Series900 did was sand the satin black off the dashboard, revealing the original Irish Green below, which never saw the sun. This was clearcoated and we were able to match pretty closely to it.

I would keep searching for the original paint, that kardex information doesn't comport with what is on the car. . . Good luck!
    1966 911 #304065 Irischgruen

'Special Order Green' . . .

Sounds interesting . . .

'. . . a 1967S RHD to the UK, the only special colour S supplied that year . . .'

Whatever happened with this project?

Was a clean sample of the original color ever found?

We Can Be Heroes