Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Porsche + Audi 917 PA

Porsche + Audi 917 PA

Original post....
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by Chuck Miller; 04-09-2014 at 10:13 AM.

Raj:
    I think that Blue may be a bit darker than the Porsche Audi Blue. If you recall the jacket I wore to RITV breakfast, that jacket is from the 70's and has been hanging in a closet for 35 years...I just checked and it is a slight bit lighter than what appears in the picture. On the other hand, the material for the jacket might be as close as they could get to this blue which is the correct blue and or the phot might have darkened the blue up a bit. As you suggest, paint codes are probably the only way to really know....DM

I remember that jacket Miller!
    I have a website now:
    www.markmorrissey.org

Instagram: @Mark0Morrissey

Hello Dmill,

This is my first post on the early 911 registry. I am a Newbie, and I love this site!!

Maybe I can help with the paint colors on the 917 PA. The white is Porsche code 908 Grand Prix white. The blue is the Blue from the Porsche-Audi signs, ads, commercials, bla bla bla! You might find a Pantone chip for the blue but you will also find that most of the blues will or might be a little different in tone. If I missed the tone 20 something years ago....o w-hell!
    Hope this sheds some light on a very special 917.

Kevin Jeannette "the painter"

Post number 2

Hey Raj,

I just rememberd using the OG front hood, (to match the paint) which I bought from Vasek Polak after I bought the 2 pieces (crashed in two) of the PA from Kerry Morse. I restored the car for Miles Collier. The cool thing was...I bought the spare parts for the car that were given to Polak in one of his "I get all the old parts from Porsche deals". The nose cover and tail were OG parts from the car. The nose and one side pod were new spare parts and I had to form and make the plug and mold and then the part for the missing side pod. Hope I havn't bored you with all that!

Kevin

Post 3

Code 908 was at least present for the racecars in 1968, so some 907's and all of the white 908's and 917's were GP white, I can't tell you much about the street car colors....I normally just re-paint to the color code on the "A" pillar.............or whatever the customer asks for!
    KJ

Heard a lot great things about you Kevin. Fantastic to have you on the board!
    I have a website now:
    www.markmorrissey.org

Instagram: @Mark0Morrissey

Im at post 4 and enjoying all the knowledge offered on the Forum, lots of cool shit to learn...can I say "shit". I guess I better not say shit!

Thanks Mark,
    Please tell me who you heard the great things from....I need to keep my payments current!
    I'm happy to be here!
    KJ

Welcome Kevin, I and others will certainly be interested to have your input on matters here, in fact your ears should be burning as your work is often referred to.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Thank you Edmayo,

I surely will help anybody with my opinion because I am an Expert (at whatever I do) that's right an Expert....notice I didn't say THEE EXPERT!!! Sometime or another, we have all met "The Expert"..............I don't want to be "That Guy"!!

KJ