Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lucky me

Lucky me

I just replaced my 924 Turbo CGT replica whit a 1967 911S. The car has no rust and a recently rebuilt engine.
    The downside if i can say so is that the car was built sometime in the -80`s as an 935 Flatnose Porsche...WHY.. So no I`m replacing the frondt wings whit RSR IROC wings. For now...
    The exciting part about the car is that its a 95% chance its an old racecar from sweeden, whit big names from does days and a nice racehistory, sold new and delivered des 1966 by Swedish dealer along whit 2 other S used for racing. The man at Scania-Vabis that holds the archive is getting me an answere in the next 30 days....
    But i know for sure that my car is delivered in des -66 by that dealer, and that the last of the three cars was yellow (still not found by the early911 guys), mine was Bahamayello, and i found a pic of the car whit the first owner, same colour. His name is Picko Trosberg. Racing legend in Sweeden and in Europe. Not tryed the car yet, its need som km/miles before pushing high RPMS, but talked whit owner that had the car back in urly -90 (same man that bought my CGT replica) and he sais its like driving an honda civic intil u hit 4-5000 RPMS, after that its an animal ...me like a lot.

Here is a pic of the car now, the wings is not finely thightend, just put there to get an idea. Will go to the paintshop sooooon.
    The mirrors will be replaced, and dont worry....the small lights in the frondt fender...GONE.

So....this racehistory is not confirmed, but it sure looks like its the missed of the 3 "S" cars sold new in des 1966.

Its cahssis nr is 307119S

This from a newspaper back in desember -66, telling the story about 3 racedrivers just bought themselves a 911 S from Porsche to race. Not many ordered a 911 S back then in Sweden, or in Norway were i live for that matter.

For those of you reading skandinavian(Danish, Norwegian and Swedish) can read the thread about old race Porsches in Scandinavia in late 60 and -70 here:
    http://www.early911.se/forum/viewtop...asc&highlight=
    Last edited by 911DP; 12-07-2010 at 05:38 AM.

Very nice find. Please tell us more as you confirm the history.
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

Does it still have the original engine? What is the engine #? Also, is the paint code plate still on the door jamb? More pics!
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Hi..

The engine nr is 960997 901/02 and its the original engine....is that rare..?...not in to old 911 cars. Have not looked for the paint code. Dont know were to look.
    Last edited by 911DP; 12-07-2010 at 06:49 AM.

The metal paint code tag will be on the drivers side front door post where door hinges are between the interior light push button and door hold open.
    Early 911S member #166

I have no problem with the theory that all men are created equal.
    But after that moment you are on your own and nobody owes you a damn thing.

Quote Originally Posted by 911DP View Post
    Hi..

The engine nr is 960997 901/02 and its the original engine....is that rare..?...not in to old 911 cars. Have not looked for the paint code. Dont know were to look.
    Having the original engine with the chassis is a prime place to start with a restoration.
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Paint code is on a badge located on the drivers door hinge post. You should find the VIN at the top and ??-6605-? as the paint code if Bahama Yellow. Having the original engine is not exactly rare, but in 40 years there is much that can happen to the engine. Especially in a racing car, engines would be removed often for rebuilding. Please look for the 'build' nr next to the type nr just behind the serial # on the engine; it should be about 7100 +/-20
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Just asking now, is this car worth som money...? I have no clue at all. If so...how much ? My first "old" Porsche. But if not i will keep the car, drive it along whit my kids....and enjoy the short summers in Norway....

But if it is, i can sell the car....by another Porsche, and still enjoy the life of driving Porsche.

Right now its 15 cold ones outside..plenty of time to get the mind go... I think i have to bring up an old dream....move to Florida, by myselves an nice flat 6 and just criuuuuuuuuse....... (after the kids have moved of course)...just the old lady and me
    Last edited by 911DP; 12-07-2010 at 12:00 PM.

The value of such a car is primarily in the originality, and the quality of the work done on it. There is a premium for a race car with history that depends on the importance of the race history, the fame of the driver, the documentation and the quality of the car.

My thoughts: When spring is here, and dry taramc is comming back.....i think the car will give me so much joy that it stays whit me. Once hade a Alfa Romeo 1750 Bertone. This car i have not stopped regretted that i sold. Think maybe this Porsche will give me the same feeling....what do you say guys...are your old 911 giving you this "stay whit me forever" feeling ?

Just asking, never hade an old 911 before, and it still is some months before i can take the car for a spin..how is the 911S SWB to drive ?
    Last edited by 911DP; 12-07-2010 at 11:24 PM.