Thread: Hella interior dome lights - wich one is correct?

Hella interior dome lights - wich one is correct?

Hi guys!
    I have more that one model of interior dome lights for my 1970 911, and I'd like to know wich ones are the correct model.

I've noticed that there are different electrical contacts (some have 2 and some others have 3 - one in the middle) and that the bulb holders are different also (some with a spring).

Some have the "Sidler" logo, some have the Hella logo...
    Are the Sidler replicas? They don't seem to be, because they look as old as the Hella ones.
    Or are they more suited for different models - VW, 356?

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Vasco Ricardo

"I spent a lot of money on birds, booze and fast cars. The rest I squandered." - George Best
    ------------
    Early 911S Registry member #1067
    RGruppe member #609

The lights on my '66 look like the Hella version in your bottom photo. I have never seen the coil spring type.
    1966 911 #304065 Irischgruen

Can someone tell me the trick for removing this light without damaging the headliner? Thanks.

Gently pry it out with the dull end of a plastic picnic fork.
    1966 911 #304065 Irischgruen

Similar Threads

1. FS: Early 911 Interior Courtesy Lights Hella
    By eprnjp in forum For Sale: 911 Parts
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-20-2013, 10:12 AM
  2. FS: OE interior dome/roof lights
    By bob tilton in forum For Sale: 911 Parts
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-12-2012, 02:02 PM
  3. 73 Interior "dome" light correct bezel, chrome or black
    By kentf14 in forum Technical Info