Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: Vintage Skis

Killy and Jean Noel Auger maybe? However Rossignol C'est le Ski !! Give me Rossignol or give me Head. I've got a a garage full of Rossis, more international/pre and post WC podiums than all others combined. The Dynamics were pretty though withe yellow sidewalls.
    Last edited by steve shea; 07-14-2022 at 06:05 AM.
    Steve Shea #1 joined a long time ago
    58 speedster
    66 912
    67S
    73S
    97 VW eurovan
    1132 honda snowblower

member Jackson Hole Ski Club

That's Billy Kidd when he won the World Cup in Gardena and he still has the skis and used them at a retro-day a few years back.

billy kidd then now.jpg

I’m likely a skiing grasshopper compared to most of you, but skied the toughest runs at Squaw Valley (is it still named that?) for quite a few years. Had a handful of skies over the years, but most fondly remembered my Rossignol Roc 550s. Probably, they were the softest. Used Look bindings well past them being “outlawed”. They never failed me and I put them to the test many times.
    Bill
    1969 911T - sold
    2001 911 Turbo - sold
    1996 911 C4S - returned
    1982 911SC - gone
    1960 356 Roadster - sold

ROC 550 - one of the all-time great skis. If it's good enough for Killy, well ....

Killy 1974 cde503.jpg

I lived in Aspen 71-75 and Sun Valley 75-80. When I was in Aspen, Sun Valley had the parade and when in Sun Valley, Aspen had the Parade. Oh well. I taught skiing in both towns. I worked every World Cup, Pro race. and B circuit race in both towns. I was a loyal customer where Eric worked in Aspen but we don't remember each other from those days. The night Spider Sabich (spelling?) was shot the Police came and got our bartender as he had the same blood type. Too late, That was my old house across from the A frame in Warm Springs. Those houses are surrounded by trees now. Back in the 70's I could see most of the Warm Springs runs out the windows of the house. I molded Scott boots but wouldn't ski in them as no ski racer gruppie like me would ever be caught in Scott's. Lane Parish could ski my ass off on Scotts. I got all the Scott goggles and poles I could ever use for free. A group of us worked at Scott and water skied Petit Lake almost every weekend in the Summer. Most of the time we had the only boat on the lake. I feel very lucky to have experienced those two areas in the 70's. I paid $85.00 a month to live in the 8 plex on the Independence Pass side of City Market. I could make that in one night working at the Captains Anchorage restaurant next to the base chairlift.
    The movie Snow Job with Killy is what inspired me to change from surfing to skiing. I do have to admit Stenmark is my all time favorite skier. In SL and GS he was at a totally different level then his competitors and still holds the record for most wins almost 50 years later.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Chris Pomares; 09-24-2022 at 04:41 AM.
    1959 Auratium Green 356A Super w/ Rudge wheels
    1970 Irish Green 914-6 w/2.2S
    Current -1967 Bahama Yellow 912 POLO 2cam4 #1
    www.reSeeWorks.com
    Personalized Vintage Porsche's and parts
    I couldn't find the sports car of my dreams, so I built it myself-Ferdinand Porsche

Quote Originally Posted by CurtEgerer View Post
    ROC 550 - one of the all-time great skis. If it's good enough for Killy, well ....

Killy 1974 cde503.jpg
    Yes, exactly the pair I had. My wife is a pretty good skier. We haven’t skied for 12+ years. Bad knees, lazy, etc., but we have a pact to go one more time. We’re thinking Whistler ski-in/ski-out.
    Bill
    1969 911T - sold
    2001 911 Turbo - sold
    1996 911 C4S - returned
    1982 911SC - gone
    1960 356 Roadster - sold