Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast

Thread: Vintage Skis

Sacrilege Jens!! Looks like most of those are run-of-the-mill stuff but I see some possible jewels. A search and recovery mission may be in order

66S: I'm currently working on a deal for a pair of 1974 Dynamic VR17's that are skiable. I can't wait to gve them a try and see if they match up to the memories from 40 years ago.

1971 Look Nevada sticker recently added to the collection:
    Look Nevada 1971.jpg

Vintage Ski Racks . . .

Came across this thread . . .
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...Targa-Ski-Rack

. . . details + pics of the vintage rack to go w/

We Can Be Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by MoparBoy72 View Post
    Doing some cleaning and came across my fathers downhill skis~'75; how would you guys get rid of these? Craigslist? Or is there large demand for used ski rack ornaments?

Ideas?

I've got those exact same skis! Bought them in 1978 along with a pair of blue Hanson (rear entry) boots and Look Nevada bindings. I think the skiis are still in the basement of our chalet.

I had the hanson exhibitions in orange in the day, damn you could "Jet" in the moguls, with those highbacks. what a great looking boot, even today. Still rip the zip line on volkl "straight lines".

I had them, too. We used to use silicone spray just to get into them. I remember them as pretty good boots, and really easy on the shins. Then we discovered that the silicone ate the foam liners. What a friggin' mess!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183

and the wax bladders, form fit! till they crumbled. They then went on to a foam bladder as i recall. I think the black foam outer liner just crumbled with age/use, cantsee why silicone would be bad , take note of above, nice bit of "advertising" ^^^

It is dumping here in Jackson Hole! I took my twin U16s in for the Town Downhill at 7am. They were to ski and boot pack to see if they could get a training run off. No go. Too much snow. You know, schedule a speed, event get a storm. So they are coming home to saddle up for an afternoon of powder skiing at Teton Village. They will be switching from 196 Super G skis to their powder twin tips. From about 72mm under foot to over 100mm under foot. Then they will go up and lap Corbet's, Meet Your Maker and Broadway all day. Steep and deep. Now my powder skis BITD were always my last year's GS skis. All broken down and soft from a season of racing and training. There were no powder specific skis. That is until the Miller Soft and Rossignol Haute Route came along. But our favorites were always our old GS skis. 207/210cm, metal and wood. Roc 550's, SM's, Dynastar MV2 etc. We used to make our own alpine touring setups by using the hinged Scott Boot, a touring binding of some sort and Hexcelerators. Super light, terrible for skiing but good for skinning up and moving fast in the mountains. Skiing is as fun as ever. Last Saturday we had a trace at my house, four miles from the mountain, and 19 INCHES at the hill. What a moisture gradient!! Also it was only about 4% moisture density! Super Light! Seems like it's been snowing the entire month of Feb. and now March has come in like the proverbial lion. Berg heil !!

BTW my daughter is the defending ladies champion of the Youth Div in the Town Downhill. But she had second fastest time o'the day and beat all the boys but one. She did beat her brother. That did not go over so well! Proud Papa.
    Steve Shea #1 joined a long time ago
    58 speedster
    66 912
    67S
    73S
    97 VW eurovan
    1132 honda snowblower

member Jackson Hole Ski Club

Cool Steve. Sounds like you have it pretty much dialed in.

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183

Hi Jens, how's the snowpack in the east? I hear it is good.
    Steve Shea #1 joined a long time ago
    58 speedster
    66 912
    67S
    73S
    97 VW eurovan
    1132 honda snowblower

member Jackson Hole Ski Club

Steve - that made me laugh: using Scott boots for an alpine touring setup I tried those once on a demo day and it was like skiing in Converse hi-tops. But the more I think about it, they would make a great backcountry nordic boot!

On eBay now: NOS Lamborghini skis from the 70's. I have a vague recollection of these and they were more a boutique ski than anything serious. $400 per pair, Buy-It-Now.

lamborghini.jpg

Lamborghini Review Sept 1970 Skiing Mag.jpg