Thread: FS "RS" "RSR" 380mm Thick Grip Steering Wheel

FS "RS" "RSR" 380mm Thick Grip Steering Wheel

Need nicer steering folks (too big for a stocking stuffer but a good present for YOU),

Here is a very nice 380mm steering wheel with thick grip, ~3 5/8" (92mm). I had my "secret source" do the grip, very nice and very soft. As OEM cross-stitching on the wheel and baseball stitching on the short spoke parts. Part number is 914 347 80? 10, date code 270. This wheel is bolt-on for early 911s up to 1973. Price, including shipping, is $600 in U.S., $625 to Europe and $635 to Australia, N.Z. and Asia. Please email me directly at DrRSR@aol.com Thanks.

-Allen-

Last edited by Allen Henderson; 12-23-2010 at 03:50 PM.

This wheel is sold to a good friend and list member. Thanks!

-Allen-

PS I do have another one coming up. Let me know if you're interested. Thanks.

@ Allen & the wheel police:

Had the factory RSR steering wheels this thick grip at ~3 5/8" (92mm) or had they a different thickness?

Cheers
    Christian

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianS View Post
    @ Allen & the wheel police:

Had the factory RSR steering wheels this thick grip at ~3 5/8" (92mm) or had they a different thickness?

Cheers
    Christian
    Yes just about. If you search this board you will find lots of info: the following is abstracted from one post:
    "#14 fryardds
    "View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message View Blog Entries View Articles Add as Contact Send Email

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Brian,

Fun and interesting. Would you be so kind to measure the circumfrance of the RSR grip size (I am assuming it is as per original?) or maybe you know what it is. Ditto question for an original double wrapped RS wheel. BTW, ARE the RS wheels double wrapped, thicker than standard? The reason I ask is since, is maybe the difference between an 805 10 or 806 10 the thickness of the grip? Thanks!

-Allen-
    Allen,

The circumference of the 803.10 RSR wheel is 9 cm and the 805.10 is 7.6 cm. "

Thanks
    -Allen-
    Last edited by Allen Henderson; 01-04-2011 at 07:04 PM.

Allen, many thanks.