Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking For Chris Huergas

Looking For Chris Huergas

About 7 years ago Chris Huergas flew to my house in Portland, OR with a friend who bought my 67S. Slate Grey, Ivory Interior, matching numbers, etc. I spent a great deal of time and effort sorting it out, I have very fond memories of that car. I went on to own an 88 Targa and a 98 993 Cab. No Porsche for last 3 years. The itch is back. I just re-joined the Early S Registry, must say it has changed dramatically! Very sophisticated! I wanted to reach Chris (I have a very old AOL e-mail address for him) to find out if my old S is still around and what type of life it has had since I sold it. I also wanted to know how the drive back to the bay area went. If I succomb to the itch I am experiencing, I will most likely try and find a R gruppe car that needs a new home. Something a little less fussy that I can gently mistreat without guilt. Chris if you read this post it would be great to hear back from you. Thanks.
    67 911S "Slate Grey"- Sold
    88 911 Carrera Targa "White" - Sold
    98 993 Cabriolet "Polar Silver" - Sold
    2004 Mercedes E500 4matic Wagon
    2005 Audi Allroad 6sp manual

Restoration newbie.
    If you join the registry (as opposed to just the message board) http://www.early911sregistry.org/mag...embership.html
    you will receive a current list of the members and their cars, it may help you track down your old car.

andy
    67S in pieces
    EarlyS: 1358
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm gonna take a WILD guess...is this Howard Lazurus' car???
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

I think that is a good guess,if Howard still has it.

Already replied to John by e-mail. Howard sold it to Tom Fender and I'm not sure if Tom still have the car. Maybe Tom can chime in.
    [COLOR=Navy][SIZE=5][FONT=Impact]CRIS

I believe we're talking about the Coppola car right? Tom sold it in 2008, perhaps we should ask Schmidt to throw his opinion in here on the deal!

c-ya,

Eric

ps, Hi John! Believe a couple of items from my garage went onto that car when you had it restored....

its not the Coppola car. Its Howard's old Slate Gray/Ivory White S. We flew down to Portland and drove it back here in the Bay Area back in 2000 or 2001. I know about the black Coppola 67S that Tom I think ended up buying. That one never went through Howard.
    [COLOR=Navy][SIZE=5][FONT=Impact]CRIS

Ajwans I thought I joined the registry? Was the $35 payment I made only for the message board? If so, direct me down the right path, maybe I need some remedial lessons on joining the registry? Chris R made contact earlier. Very helpful. I hope to at least get an update on where it resides and in what condition has time and care bestowed upon it. If it turns out it is in Oregon it would be great to see it. Soterik I am certian you contributed to the restoration when I had the car. I reached out across the entire country to find certain parts I needed at the time. An example is I think I found a perfect dash from a person on the east coast, named Patel? If fact I still have a radio somewhere around here that I pick-up at the time. I will dig it out and see what model it is. As Chris R points out it has now been 9 years, not 6 or 7, since I owned the car, memory is NOT improving.

If you sent the $35 to El Segundo,Calif; You are a member. Chris Early S Reg#205

I made a payment through Paypal? It went to Early S registry (per response e-mail I received FROM pAYPAL) but I don't know where it was ultimately sent physically. I will try and re-trace my steps. My intention was cetainly to join the registry and not just the message board. Thanks.