Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: $125 track day at Willow Springs-Big Willow Track-February 5th in SoCal

$125 track day at Willow Springs-Big Willow Track-February 5th in SoCal

Extremespeedtrackevents.com will be at Willow Springs -Big Willow-February 5th for a track day,all drivers will have a special track day price of only $125.00 (DISCOUNT CODE IS willow4) for a whole day of fun.Any Questions contact Chris Willard at chris@extremespeedtrackevents. com(co founder of REDLINE Time Attacks and now new owner of EXTREMESPEEDTRACKEVENTS.COM)
    or register at www.extremespeedtrackevents.com
    Free on track help for beginner
    Must register before Jan 10 for discount

Would you look at this. Mike Marshall promoting a SOW trackday the same weekend as a motorcycle trackday at Fontana.

Where you been, Old Man?
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Quote Originally Posted by Mr9146 View Post
    Would you look at this. Mike Marshall promoting a SOW trackday the same weekend as a motorcycle trackday at Fontana.

Where you been, Old Man?
    And where will you be, Marco?
    1971 911S, 2.7RS spec MFI engine, suspension mods, lightened
    Early 911S Registry Member #425

Gburner
    These events are priced so right I may just have to try one...
    Are you sure this Marshall is Mike?
    Marco Fontana again?
    Don't you get bored of all the straight line driving there?
    Did you break your bike cherry at Chuckwalla yet?
    It's been open a year now.
    It is more turns that straights so maybe not your cup-o-tea?

I've seen Buttonwillow for $99 a day and even Laguna Seca for $179 a day.
    Some killer track deals out there...
    If you want to instruct some will give discounts to PCA qualified instructors.
    hny.

Quote Originally Posted by Gburner View Post
    These events are priced so right I may just have to try one...
    Are you sure this Marshall is Mike?
    Marco Fontana again?
    Don't you get bored of all the straight line driving there?
    Did you break your bike cherry at Chuckwalla yet?
    It's been open a year now.
    It is more turns that straights so maybe not your cup-o-tea?

I've seen Buttonwillow for $99 a day and even Laguna Seca for $179 a day.
    Some killer track deals out there...
    If you want to instruct some will give discounts to PCA qualified instructors.
    hny.
    No, I'm not sure it's Mike Marshall, but I can hope ...

I happen to love Fontana. Sure, there's a lot of straight line stuff, but overall the track is pretty forgiving and the AMA course has a nice flow.

As for Chuckwalla, well, I've made a promise to myself that I won't go there until they have proper facilities. Going now would be like going to Willow in the 50s ... but hotter.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Yes !!! they give discounts to PCA qualified instructors.Joel the owner of extremespeed is a buddy of mine and he is a PCA member and drives in the Boxster class you can contact him directly for discounts at joel@extremespeedtrackevents.com

Went to SOW with this group today, ran counter clockwise and had a very good time. GBurner is right, the price is right with a free transponder and run well, lots of instructors for the noobs and full course corner workers who always do a great job there.

The group was pretty young for the most part and of course they like Evos, Civics, Subarus etc with large ham hock mufflers. A few Vettes and M3s, a Cayman the only other Porsche. I thought the first group was a drifting class there were so many spins and our friends with cars from Asia did seem to prefer the tail out most of the time. One has to get used to having them do it in front of you which I am afraid I couldn't do, did not feel that safe. Start first or come into the hot pit and let them have half a track.

Very few point bys so everyone just pretty much passes wherever they like, some nitwit brought a MB CLS 55 (four door coupe) and his specialty was to pass on the inside under braking at the end of the straight. Full marks to the starter she black flagged him but later in the next run while exiting the track for the pits, with his arm up so indicating, he drifted into the dirt and gave the car such an almighty crack against the curb he popped both p/s tires and likely wrote off the rims too. While exiting.

Funny thing; while the 73 feels like a workout and is a pleasure to take out, it is a handfull, very loud and tactile and so rewarding to the senses it feels like you are going very fast when you are. I could have sworn I am quicker in it than the 964. Except I am fully 5 seconds faster in the 964 on newish, greasy street tires, not R compounds.
    Amazing. Best part is the drive home: News, music, heat and the cat's eyes on the road don't feel like boulders.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

I'm Noting the EVO right behind you there in the bottom pix..... did you pull on him?
    Johnny Riz
    73E euro 3.2 w. a few goodies
    Rgrp 152
    S Reg 335

I pointed him by because we were in traffic and then he didn't go anywhere once we were both in the clear, here we are 2 laps later....

I will say there was a VERY trick Evo with Hoosiers and a wing that ran 1:29 to my 1:32.

Caught and passed a Z06 which kind of surprised me both of us on street rubber but I spoke with the driver in the pits and he was just getting started on track days.

All in all I am very happy with the car for being the first time ever in this car at a track and only the second time going counter clockwise at SOW. Does anyone know what the average time differential is counter vs clockwise?
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Take your licence plates off ...or put duct tape over the letters/numbers.....too many (unconfirmed yet worrisome...) reports of auto ins. adjusters cruising the pits writing down licence plate numbers.

Even if some or all these stories are bogus, I have gained a lot more piece of mind after initially just covering the licence plate letters/numbers with duct tape.......later evolving to just removing the sole (rear) plate prior to arrival at the track.

fwiw...Just my .02.....
    Last edited by RSupdate; 01-12-2011 at 07:17 PM.
    Johnny Riz
    73E euro 3.2 w. a few goodies
    Rgrp 152
    S Reg 335