Thread: Twins of differen't Fathers

Twins of differen't Fathers

So.........Jan 1st and I'm at the shop, I'm wondering if my Friend Phil is at his shop (Klubsport), so I call him and leave a voice mail...... "I'll be at the shop for a few hours today give me a call if your in the area". Phil calls me and said something funny just happened! Seems as Phil was checking his voice mail (cell phone allowed while driving in Florida) he gets one from me, no big deal but as he listens he see's my VW Passat coming up behind him and he's thinking this is pretty weird because I had just left a message from my shop phone...........not to be alarmed that someone stole my car, it was my wife!

OK, the first part of the story was the Lead-in the the next part!

Phil comes by 10 mins later to ck out my 1967 911S (which in-fact is just like Phil's "S" color's and all) which I just took out of Storage. Phil asked what serial number my car is and I told him I couldn't remember so lets open the front hood and check.

As we lift the carpet, I say to Phil, "It would be pretty funny if the numbers were see-quinch-el!" Phil pops his head in and in a few seconds and a rub or two, he says they are!!! I say "Yea right".............. no _hit man, my car is 308397 and your's is 308396....................I say "NO WAY, WHAT ARE THE _ ING ODDS", my car comes from Washington State and Phil was working at the Porsche Dealership in West Palm Beach Florida where his car was sold new....Phil bought it from the OG owner a year or so later!

Sometimes, "what goes around comes around"!

That's what Phil and I found out, on the first day of 2011!

Kevin Jeannette
    308396 and a new twin Big Brother (that has lived 1 mile away for 5 years) 308397

Your on raj,
    I'm on my way to the 7-11 to buy a Lotto tickie!
    KJ

KJ, you have a PM.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Very cool KJ. How may years have those two cars been a few miles apart without knowing their sibling was just around the corner?
    Lee Giannone (Eastern PA)
    Early S Registry #808
    1960 356 Super 90 Roadster
    1966 911 2.0L Vintage Racecar
    1972 RSR Tribute
    1975 Privateer RSR (Diego Febles)
    1997 993 C2S Factory Aero
    1984 962-102 (Coca-Cola / Akin)
    1973 RS Carrera #911 360 1018 (2008 Parade Grand Champion) Sold
    1968 911L #11810414 FIA Group 2 Rallye Car (Destroyed in Fire '08)
    1975 RSR #911 560 9114 (Sold)
    1975 RSR #911 560 9122 (Sold)

KJ,
    Given your fleet of cars we all probably own one that has 6 degrees of separation from one of yours ...

Luke
    86 Sport Purpose Carrera "O4"

That wasn't phil's first porsche. Ask him about the 356 he bought when he was fresh out of high school which he bought from a guy who traded it in for a 911 when they first came out. Phil's been around porsches all his life going back when most of south florida was still gravel roads....

Sup Luke,

Nine hundred and eleven degrees of separation!

I should have posted "Twins of "Adopted" Fathers". We (our Porsche's) are all officially from the same Dad! So that would mean my 1974 Targa Carrera isn't actually a cousin but a brother to your "Wild" 74 street car.....yes!

As for Phil's first Porsche, he could tell you what tires it had on it when got it!! Heck, he could tell you the gas and how much it was and what gas station he went to for its first Phil-up. (no pun intend)

KJ

Gruen: I bought the 1958 356A Continental in 1966. I took a taxi from Lake Worth to Juno Isles with $800 crisp US dollars my pocket. The taxi driver waited to be sure I got the car before he left. I did indeed buy the car, light ivory body with a black hardtop and no soft top, 1600 normal and as I drove away I thought I had died and gone to heaven. Later on after I saved a little more money, George at Lake Worth Auto Hospital painted the body silver. I kept that car for over a year and ended up trading it for 1964 Irish Green/Faun C coupe. That car was sold to fund the 1967S that I bought April 11, 1968. I bought it from C Sweet Smith while I was working at German Motors ( A very long story that I cannot make short ). How do you know me ? I'm trying to figure out who you are. Thanks Phil Bagley ( Since Phil is computer illiterate this post was relayed to me to type and post - Johns4949 )

Kevin,
    six degrees of seperation with my hotrod is the gunnar racing prepped brightwork.......... Really nice to see you on the board!

Luke
    86 Sport Purpose Carrera "O4"