Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WTB: Early Recaro Slider

WTB: Early Recaro Slider

I am looking for a single lock slider that will fit my fiberglass Recaro sport bucket seat. My seats are not left and right sided, they are both the same and the indent on the bottom for the slider mechanism is on the right side. I've attached a photo of what I'm hoping for. Thanks for the help.

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Nick Psyllos
    S Reg & R Gruppe
    1973 Euro 911S
    1972 911T to ST

Edmund Harris in the UK has these original ones.... but you could probably paint your car for the same cost...

Nick - I'm pretty sure I have some of those if you don't get any offered to you closer to home.
    Andy

Early 911S Reg #753
    R Gruppe #105

Thanks Eric, I've seen them on his site but I dont have an extra arm or leg to spare (maybe I could trade my son though....wait...forget that). And if I bought those from EH I might need to cancel my order with Tony to re-do my sport seats with some silky smooth, drop-dead georgeous wine red/black houndstooth that I fondled at his shop yesterday!!!!

Well done Eric, the houndstooth is spot on perfect and beautiful.

Nick
    Nick Psyllos
    S Reg & R Gruppe
    1973 Euro 911S
    1972 911T to ST

Quote Originally Posted by NickP View Post
    I am looking for a single lock slider that will fit my fiberglass Recaro sport bucket seat. My seats are not left and right sided, they are both the same and the indent on the bottom for the slider mechanism is on the right side. I've attached a photo of what I'm hoping for. Thanks for the help.
    Nick
    Nick,

I've been through this proces of finding sliders that fit a bucket seat. I'm actally surprised that these fit your Recaro buckets. If I'm not mistaking, the recaro bucket has an indent on the right side of the bucket bottom shell. The slider you are showing had the teeth in the inside of the bucket bottom, so I'm wondering if you have enough clearance to do that, since the buckets bottom shape goes downwards right next to the slider attachements. I had to actually use the other side on my Lollipop seats (with the teeth and locking on the outside of the seat) to make it work. But than again, I also had to use an even earlier version of the one you are showing because that one has a wider top mounting surface and the sping is mounted in a different way. (so it works with a less wider indentation)

I have the one You are showing in a left and right version available in really good shape and it won't kost you an arm and leg.
    But before I sell it to you, we would have to check that they are identical, because I have seen at least 3 versions of them. Mine has the handle in in upright position, but there are 2 different version in those. One with a short handle arm and one with a long handle arm, I believe yours is with a short one, I think mine is with a long arm, but you can simply cut and bend in to a short arm.

There are at least 3 more version of this slider, that I've seen in person. The earliest is the one with the arm in upright position, with oval shaped mounting holes for the bracket and a wider top surface to mount the seat on.
    Then there is the 2 versions of your slider, that has a smaller top surface and wider bottom. Your mountingholes will probably be round for mounting it on a bracket.
    After that they used this same slider, but with an adjustment arm that id in a horizontal position. With some of these sliders there is also a diffrence in the amount of teeth that are locked on the rail. I've seen them with 2, 4 and 6 teethe locked together. The other difference is that they can be with sort of ballbearings in the slider or just plain metal u shaped sliders that directly fit into one another.

By now you get that I have had some of these in my hands (and had to buy/sell) before I got a matching set for my own seats
    Pictures of the sliders I will use with the oval mounting holes and wider mounting surface in this post.
    Last edited by 911_2.2T; 01-06-2011 at 12:55 AM.
    =========================================
    2.4T 1972 Targa - Tangerine German Delivery Ölklappe
    2.4T 1973 Coupe - Golden Green 911ST with 2.8 MFI TwinPlug
    1.7 1970 914-4 - Hell Elfenbein Weiss to be Sonauto GT with a Six
    Looking for engine #6522576
    Rgruppe #674

Pictures of the last type of sliders mentioned with the narrow top and wide bottom surface and the horizontal leck arm and round mounting holes. This one has 6 teeth locked. (These I dont have anymore, just for reference)
    Also a picture of the first and last side by side.
    Rgruppe #674

Depending on wich Recaro Bucket you have, it might or might not have enough clearance to have the teeth on the inside.
    Attached pictures of ST Rally, Standard Rally, '74 Rally and Lollipop Bucket.
    Rgruppe #674

The ones we have for sale

This set we have for sale. See if it matches yours.
    Rgruppe #674

Thank you Alex and Andy. I will take a look at the slider that is on my seat just to confirm 100% what it is in comparison to the photos Alex posted to be sure of what I need. I will do that over the weekend. I have a box of mixed up slider halfs so I want to be certain. In fact, the photo I posted is not what I have on my seat, it was a photo that Randy Wells sent me when I bought the seats. He was helping me figure out what I would need, and sent that photo as an example. The photo below is one of my seats showing the bottom indents, obscured by the fixed mounting bar which I have removed. BTW, I'm told my seats were circa 71-72.

Thanks,

Nick
    Nick Psyllos
    S Reg & R Gruppe
    1973 Euro 911S
    1972 911T to ST

OK, I took some photos this AM (with my BlackBerry so kinda crummy) but look at my seat which shows the installed slider that works with the indent. The other slider is for a seat that have the indent on the other side, which would be on the left side of the seat. So, I need a slider (and I'd buy a set if I needed to) just like the one pictured, except it would be the other side. I'll end up with two spare lefties, just like orphan socks or gloves....

TIA, gents.

Nick
    Nick Psyllos
    S Reg & R Gruppe
    1973 Euro 911S
    1972 911T to ST