Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Member; Seattle area.

New Member; Seattle area.

Hello,

I just wanted to introduce myself. I've been a lurker for many years, and a Porsche fan since as long as I can remember. I've always had a soft spot for air-cooled machines, the brilliant engineering behind all of Porsche's creations, and just the sheer blast of the sound of a flat six boxer and the occasional flat four! I started out with Volkswagen, from early beetles, to type 4 powered super beetles, to my 1964 1500s Variant, and my single cylinder air-cooled, a 1960 Ducati 125 Sport, to my latest acquisition, a 1968 911L.

I began my search a few years ago, and although visions of 993 C2Ses and 964 widebodies ran through my mind, I've always been a fan of the vintage steel. I began looking for a 70-72 911 S, T, or E, and than began to read more and more of the SWB cars. I think the simplicity, the pure line, and the crazy handling all seemed much to appealing to ignore. Plus, I figured it be the perfect transition from small air-cooled to larger air-cooled. So, I picked up the following car about four months ago in Michigan. It's a 68L originally Tangarine in color, resprayed polar silver about 4 years ago. The previous owner maintained the car with weekend projects here and there (the floors, carpet, brakes, etc) and, now I have the joy of continuing the weekend projects (hoses, plugs, clutch, etc.). All I have to say, is I absolutely love this car. It's a blast to drive and runs like a champ. I look forward to contributing more to this forum, and would like to thank everyone for being an excellent resource during the hunt.

Thanks,

Mauricio

The car came from Michigan, and was originally Tangerine in color.
    Mauricio
    Three Pedal Posse
    Member # 1935

1968 Porsche 912-6 TR Tribute
    1968 Porsche 911 L
    1973 VW Sportsbug
    1974 Porsche 911 S
    1991 Porsche 964 Carrera 2 3.8

"if you see a fork in the road, PICK IT UP!"

Thumbs up

Welcome Mauricio........ beautiful car
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Very clean lines! Post a few more at the "Show your ride" thread if you have a chance...
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Very nice and welcome. More pictures!
    I agree, it is hard to ignore the purity of an early car. May you have many years of enjoyment with it.

Kent
    E911SR & RGRUPPE
    '65 911 "The Ol' Gal" (long gone)
    '73 S Coupe #306

The good stuff!
    _B
    Sent from a pay phone

888888 eL, Oph'eL'ia

Instagram: werk_crew
    www.werkcrew.com
    www.werkcrew.tumblr.com
    www.handofwinter.tumblr.com

AHHH, another member for your exclusive group Bob!!! Be sure to tell him about the dues and initiation ritual!!!
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Yeah! Not too many Ls running around so it's always good to see them - especially such a nice one like that!
    _B
    Sent from a pay phone

888888 eL, Oph'eL'ia

Instagram: werk_crew
    www.werkcrew.com
    www.werkcrew.tumblr.com
    www.handofwinter.tumblr.com

Welcome!

Another SWB to add to the PNW total. We'll have to get together sometime. My office is in Fremont, not far from where your pictures were taken.

Car looks very nice from the pics... looking forward to seeing it in person.

Where did the 1500S Variant come from? My father imported many of those, we owned several of them over the years. I remember our first 64 had a factory sticker in the back window saying it had dual carbs.

Email is elinden at earthlink.net

cheers,
    Eric

Eric,

Absolutely; I'm in the Eastlake neighborhood. I actually sent you an e-mail earlier this week regarding your rear seat delete panel.

The 1500s was originally purchased in Canada by a Judge in the mid west. This was prior to the US introduction of the type 3. He primarily used it for weekend trips. He then sold it to a young couple in San Francisco who used it for weekend trips to the bridge. After that, a second couple owned it; drove it here and there, at which point the car ended up in Sacramento. It went through two more owner before I purchased it. When I purchased it, it only had 45,000 miles on it. I went through and cleaned, inspected and replaced worn items (ball joints, shocks, boots, seals), had the motor rebuilt and cleaned, replaced as much as possible with NOS items, and installed a CSP disc brake kit. The only other modification is a 12V conversion, although a small diameter generator was used. The car floats on the road, it's a very smooth ride!

Enjoy.
    Mauricio
    Three Pedal Posse
    Member # 1935

1968 Porsche 912-6 TR Tribute
    1968 Porsche 911 L
    1973 VW Sportsbug
    1974 Porsche 911 S
    1991 Porsche 964 Carrera 2 3.8

"if you see a fork in the road, PICK IT UP!"

Welcome to the board Mauricio. Good to see another swb around the neighborhood. I am up the hill on Queen Anne.

If you want to meet some like-minded p-car owners this weekend, come on out to XXX Root Beer in Issaquah Saturday morning at 8:30 am. Shoot me a PM with your number and I will give you a call with details. Hope to see you soon!
    Elvis has left the building.