Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1973 Euro Black bumperettes

1973 Euro Black bumperettes

Looking for front and rear early 1973 black metal with black rubber pad
    "front bumperettes" for 911S front bumper and rear black metal with rubber pad bumperettes for the rear of my car.

These are NOT the black dense foam units found on 1973.5 cars but the Euro model found on early 1973 911's

thanks

Stoddar's have the rears listed :

911-505-033-02 - Rear bumper guard, black with rubber buffer, 2 req'd. Fits 1972-1973.

http://www.stoddard.com/shop/shopdis...mpers+%26+Trim
    Andy

Early 911S Reg #753
    R Gruppe #105

Registry member# 206 fourteenten's Avatar

73 black rear bumperettes

I have a set black rear bumperettes, see attached pictures. It seems that the black is plastic coating and honestly don't know if that is factory original. Rubber is definitely original. Pleasse pm me for detailed pictures etc. if interested.

Best regards,

Cees
    Attached Images Attached Images

Registry member# 206 fourteenten's Avatar
    ..a few more

Cees

Thanks for the reply, pm sent

Quote Originally Posted by RSexS View Post
    I It seems that the black is plastic coating and honestly don't know if that is factory original.
    One of those quirky transitional parts, I believe. I have them on my '72 (completed in 2/72). They are as you describe. Definitely a Porsche part. When I first got my car, it had the AMCO bumpers on front and rear. I decided to take them off and the bumperettes had nasty holes in them. I was able to get NOS black bumperettes still in the Porsche boxes to replace the ones with the holes (still have the originals stored away).
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

If RsexS gets back to me then I am also looking for the fronts (For "S" bumper) that match

OK, I've locked in the set of Rear Bumperettes so now I would like to find a set for the front.
    This photo shows a set for a "non" S bumper, I need the set that fits a 911 S bumper

If you have a set or know of a set for sale, please contact me

thanks Larry
    Last edited by ljowdy; 01-21-2011 at 08:35 AM.

I'm still looking for the Euro metal 911S bumperettes with black plastic covering for very late 72 and very early 73 911S. As an alternative if I can't find the correct bumperettes, I'd be interested in a non dented set of chrome bumperettes for the same car. My plan will be to have them powder coated a dull matte black. If you have a set of bumperettes as described, get in touch with me and send photo's and price

thanks
    Larry

ljowdy,

The front set you show on the red car are for an S bumper! The car has the wide deco strip same as the S cars... There is not a different guard for the S spoiler bumper..