Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WTB: ‘65-66 Solex cross bars and linkages

WTB: ‘65-66 Solex cross bars and linkages

I currently have the cross bar for between my Solex carbs, but I need the three linkage bars(two short and one long). I've reproduced similar stuff in the past, but I'm wondering how many people out there are interested in purchasing reproduction rod sets and cross bars? These usually get lost.

If I can get more than five and peferably 10 people interest, I would go into production.

Let me know

Hello Casey

+ 1 for me

lars 911 #303043

I'm in too
    Indiana,
    1965 911: 300594, 300839
    1965 912: 350407,
    1968 911L SWT Sportomatic,
    1970 911T Irish Green, Restored,
    1974 911 Carrera, 1975 911 Carrera,
    1970 914 1.7 Signal Orange, 1973 914 2.0 Zambezi Green, 1974 914 2.0 Ravena Green--this one is for sale
    Used to haul the kids to the pool in 356/1500RS Carrera Speedster 80820. Wife would leave it in the shopping center parking lot -- now in the Porsche Factory Museum.

So I found the guy that makes the Weber cross bars, the pair of short links are the same as the Weber ones, so I can get those, and long link to the back of the engine is unique but easy to have machined.

I'll pursue this a bit further. I've gotten about a quantity of six from posts and PM's. Let me know if there is still interest out there.

Hi,
    I are in for 2.
    Micke

Hello Casey,

Did you ever decided to make the cross bar linkage and sets? I would also be interested in a set. Thanks!

Lee

I also have missing linkages on my Solexes - which is holding up my project quite a bit. Did this go anywhere? Here's what I need, in case this project is going in this direction:

• Rt. & Lt. Drop link from cross bar to carbs.
    • Pivot ball on Rt. Carb body bracket for cross bar
    • Fuel pump plastic base and base gaskets
    • Crimp collars
    • Bell Crank on Lt. intake manifold for throttle linkage (might be the same as Weber?)
    Last edited by kenikh; 08-02-2011 at 12:23 PM.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Kenik,

I found a cross bar for my car. I'm not so likely going to try to reproduce. I can provide dimensions for those interested.

I'm pretty certain that the the drop links are the same for Weber and Solex. I was able to buy new ones from PAR. Like anything Richard does, he improves the design. In his drop links, have a widened fixed hex nut on the shaft. I had my machine shop put it in a lathe and match the original. The picture below has my original shaft and new shaft. I've notice that DC Automotive shows the drop links available on their site. 2-1/16" long with 5/8" of left hand and right hand threads.

-I'm pretty sure that my Bell Crank pivot in the picture is original. I'm not sure if it is the same as a Weber.

-What is the plastic base plate? Is this for the dual fuel pump?

-I think you can get the crimp collars from Stoddard. Look in the oil line sections for 356. I'm pretty certain they are the same size.

-Pivot ball, Richard at PAR could probably hook you up with the Weber type, but I think that the slotted or hex stand off is bigger.

-Long linkage shaft to bell crank, you dont mention it but from my measurements 11-3/4" with about 5/8" to 3/4" of normal thread. I had my machine shop order some 5mm stainless rod and thread it form me.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by rcnagel; 08-02-2011 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rcnagel View Post
    Kenik,

I found a cross bar for my car. I'm not so likely going to try to reproduce. I can provide dimensions for those interested.

I'm pretty certain that the the drop links are the same for Weber and Solex. I was able to buy new ones from PAR. Like anything Richard does, he improves the design. In his drop links, have a widened fixed hex nut on the shaft. I had my machine shop put it in a lathe and match the original. The picture below has my original shaft and new shaft. I've notice that DC Automotive shows the drop links available on their site. 2-1/16" long with 5/8" of left hand and right hand threads.

-I'm pretty sure that my Bell Crank pivot in the picture is original. I'm not sure if it is the same as a Weber.

-What is the plastic base plate? Is this for the dual fuel pump?

-I think you can get the crimp collars from Stoddard. Look in the oil line sections for 356. I'm pretty certain they are the same size.

-Pivot ball, Richard at PAR could probably hook you up with the Weber type, but I think that the slotted or hex stand off is bigger.

-Long linkage shaft to bell crank, you dont mention it but from my measurements 11-3/4" with about 5/8" to 3/4" of normal thread. I had my machine shop order some 5mm stainless rod and thread it form me.
    Bell crank .. weber and solex differ, Casey's is the correct Solex bell crank
    Base plate .. I would like to see a picture if some one has one. I think they are bakelite by the way, same material was used for the 356 base plates.
    Long linkage shaft .. Casey I send you an email. I need it too.

Richard

Thanks, Casey. I'll ping Richard.

Here's a picture of the long rod:

Richard, thanks for clarifying the bellcrank question. As far as the base gasket goes, i have a spare 356 pump and will compare the bases and see if they are compatible. At the very least, it would be relatively easy to have one made, if the thickness could be discerned.

Anybody have a base gasket that they can measure?
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389