Thread: FS NOS early oil tank

FS NOS early oil tank

Here is a rare item. NOS factory oil tank for 65-71 cars. This has been in storage for about 25 years in the original box.(although the original boxes was tossed). I don't know if these are even available new anymore for the early cars. List price was about $1200 . Selling for $600 + 20 shipping.
    I know I will get questions as to what the extra 19mm nut caps are on the side of the tank. I believe the replacement early tanks had these as then it would cover the sportamatic transmission cars as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Rick, nice looking tank. That is a 69-71, it's different than the SWB tanks, forward edge is straight, not curved. I agree about the sporto plugs. Good luck, NOS tanks are extremely hard to find.
    1966 911 #304065 Irischgruen

You are right. If you are not doing a concour restoration, it will work though. The screen is also differant due to the edge on a SWB tank.

It will not fit an SWB, the holes are in the wrong place. Bet you a Spaten Optimator!
    1966 911 #304065 Irischgruen

If you are so sure, you must be right. I could swear I have used a newer tank on a swb car. It sucks getting old. memory goes first.

Similar Threads

1. Early Oil Tank
    By ret9191 in forum Technical Info
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-24-2013, 07:39 AM
  2. FS: Early Gas Tank
    By Cornpanzer in forum For Sale: 911 Parts
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-04-2013, 06:47 PM
  3. Early 100 L tank
    By OliveR in forum For Sale: 911 Parts
    Replies: 2