Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Automobile Atlanta

Automobile Atlanta

Anyone had any experience with these guys?

I ordered Weber Carb parts paid with a card and a month later nothing arrived.

I am told that as it was sent USPS that I have no insurance or tracking.

Several hundered dollars down a hole and worse no carb parts.

I accept that they were posted but wasn't given any option on shipping method and not advised that they were uninsured.

Very disappointing

We ordered a gas tank for a 356 from them last month and received it in a week. No problems at all with them.

email George at dr914@autoatlanta.com
    I'm sure he will try to sort things out. The buck stops on his desk.
    Overseas shipment can take ages.
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

I had a horrible experience with them several years ago that cost me hundreds of dollars; never again, lessen learned.

They are local to me, but I will never, ever purchase anything from him again. About a year or so ago, he advertised the rear body panel for a 944 for about $150 or so. When I went to his shop to see about purchasing one, the price was given as $300 despite the lower price still being on his website. This was after waiting an hour and a half for someone to retrieve a pair of seatbelt latches. I've had other dealings with him in the past that have left me shaking my head. Never again!
    Rod Schneider
    Ball Ground, GA
    66 911 #302981

Yours is a common situation. The guys at 914world.com have numerous threads related to the same issue.
    Nate Y
    Early 911S Registry #1232

I ordered 914 parts from them and they said they had some in stock and others on back order. I told them to send the parts they had and cancel the other part of my order. The parts arrived in a timely fashion and my card was charged accordingly.

HOWEVER...

Three months later a package arrived from Automobile Atlanta full of the parts that were on backorder ... that I had told them I DID NOT want and NOT to send. My credit card was also charged without my consent.

After numerous strongly worded phone conversations - during which I was told that I was stuck with the parts and they would not issue a refund - I threatened a chargeback and to claim credit card fraud with my company. I also told them that I would not send back the parts unless Automobile Atlanta sent me a postage paid envelope.

Resolution: I got my money back, filed a claim for credit card fraud, and I kept the parts because I never got the envelope.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Ordered a rocker panel for my 914. When it arrived, it fit poorly which would require a fair amount of very careful trimming and had a slight wave in the front. I packed it up and returned it immediately and no credit back on my card after 30 days. I contacted George and got a rather surprising reply, 1) I was the first one to ever complain about a panel (must be me right?) and 2) my account had been credited. I didn't want a credit with his company, just a credit to my card. I e-mailed him back about crediting my card instead, and still no reply. What a way to run a business.
    Last edited by RickS; 02-03-2011 at 08:26 PM.
    71 914 3.0, 82 SC, ESR 376, RG 307

"The problem with the world is, the ignorant are cock-sure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertram Russell

Paid Member # 1991
    Quote Originally Posted by RickS View Post
    Ordered a rocker panel for my 914. When it arrived, it fit poorly which would require a fair amount of very careful trimming and had a slight wave in the front. I packed it up and returned it immediately and no credit back on my card after 30 days. I contacted George and got a rather surprising reply, 1) I was the first one to ever complain about a panel (must be me right?) and 2) my account had been credited. I didn't want a credit with his company, just a credit to my card. I e-mailed him back about crediting my card instead, and still no reply. What a way to run a business.
    I'm assuming you took it up with your card company? This was the best approach for any (of the very few) disputes I've ever had with a merchant. I'm not picking sides, but I hope they're reading this and work it out with you. I recently checked out their website in my ongoing quest for a nice 914-6. This is just another little piece of information to be aware of.

- MR
    Last edited by MountainRoads; 02-03-2011 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by davep View Post
    email George at dr914@autoatlanta.com
    I'm sure he will try to sort things out. The buck stops on his desk.
    Overseas shipment can take ages.
    Dave,

Unfortunately I e-mailed George on the 27th but had no response.

USPS Priority Mail normally takes 10-14 days and this length of delivery is very unusual.

Last evening Auto Atlanta told me that there was nothing they were going to do as they had proof of postage and the fact it had not arrived was not their problem.

I was also told that as they had proof of postage my Credit Card company would reject any claim I might make.

I have the impression that they are just not interested.

I can assure you all I wanted to do was place my order, pay my bill and fix my carbs.

I placed my order on 21st December 2010 and I must say I had hoped for better service.