Thread: 1972 911T for sale on eBay

Talking 1972 911T for sale on eBay

Am new to the Forum. Was wondering if anyone knew this 911?

http://ooley-and-blackburn.ebizautos...px?iid=5696197

or the Dealer....any info is appreciated. It seems from the photos that the car has had the chain tensioner upgrades and that the motor appears to have been rebuilt, but...Not too much info is provided re: documentation and service history.

What is the thought on the asking price for the T and the market value?

Thanks all....

"What is the thought on the asking price for the T and the market value?" In this market,one can only guess as to the value of a depreciating asset.Good year,good color,but the seats look new and not 50K seats.Paint shows signs that it may not have been the best job.His ad is more fluff than facts.Need pics of the underside and history with documentation and then make a trip to Carmel,Indiana if you are brave enough with this weather.Nice car at $38,000 IMO.Tom
    Member:S Registry #864

Thanks Tom for the reply. I was thinking that the seats (not sure from the photos) and the leather seemed lackluster maybe just drying given their age...If there is nothing to support the 50,000 miles, it's tough to say what I'd be really buying, so I am in 100% agreement. I was just wondering if anyone knew this car. It appears to be intact and original, mostly correct and seems to have been well cared for if that can be truly gathered from photos...Thanks.

Those are vinyl seats. The problem with this car, as a 50,000 mile example is the repaint. Why didn't they leave the jamb/hinge areas alone? The paint job has to be judged in person, but from here it doesn't look like it supports the price. The hose to the warm up regulator on the injection pump is wrong. Otherwise, it looks like a nice, unmolested car. A 72 T is a really nice car. I had one, years ago.
    Tom F.
    Long Beach, CA

Quote Originally Posted by sallytoes View Post
    Thanks Tom for the reply. I was thinking that the seats (not sure from the photos) and the leather seemed lackluster maybe just drying given their age...If there is nothing to support the 50,000 miles, it's tough to say what I'd be really buying, so I am in 100% agreement. I was just wondering if anyone knew this car. It appears to be intact and original, mostly correct and seems to have been well cared for if that can be truly gathered from photos...Thanks.
    Check your "notifications" box at the top.I sent you a PM.
    Member:S Registry #864

A few details are off as well. The outside mirror is from a later model (1974 mid year car). The shifter knob is aftermarket, the retainer pins in the door jam hinges are painted yellow. For $50k, I would want my 2.4T to be damn close to perfect.

I am in agreement with all the items mentioned on this T as I thought the same thing as I looked at the photos last night. It is a shame the door jams area have been repainted but at least the original DOT sticker is there. I was wondering if the fan and housing were painted silver or are they just shined up a bit.

I have never bought anything from this dealer but I think they have a very good reputation and have been in business for a long time. I met John Blackburn at the Russo Steele auction in '08 when he was selling a second series RS that he had known for over 20 years from a local collector. He was very nice and even sent me some copies of some cool documents he had with his RS (it was imported to the States in the early 80's) after he returned back home. He is a busnessman for sure but he is also an a real 'car guy' too.

Since this car has been in the Indy area it's entire life there should be great documentation, but if there is not I would think the price should be much lower than the asking. Personally I wouldn't be interested in this car if there isn't a great collection of documents and books.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

As it turns out, the documentation is skimpy at best. The Porsche C of A is with the car and it seems to tie with what is being sold, but beyond the original tool roll, spare and manual, nothing else of any substance. When I suggested the car's value was in the mid $30's, I was given a counter of $48,000...too steep for me.

Thanks all for the great input...