Thread: Southern California Track day

Southern California Track day

Calling all cars calling all cars.

Can I have a show of posts as to who would be interested in a track day as we have done spring and fall for the past several years now either at Buttonwillow or Streets of Willow (and not a willow tree near either of them) sometime this spring, early to mid March.

So you need to vote for which track you prefer and a weekend amongst the 1st 3 weeks of March you can commit to without asking the ball and chain, reading your tea leaves, taking a poll at work or getting a Feng Shui to analyze the dates for signs of a quick lap. No small animal sacrifices either.

This is a day for all Porsche drivers many early cars some later(not sure what to call your car Mike!) to get them out for a great, safe day of high speed driving without all the usual fuss attendant at PCA/POC events-no timed laps just more track time than you can handle with drivers who love the cars as much as you do.

I am looking for a headcount by this time(Friday) next week so we can book.
    Thanks

Gburner

Thumbs up

Good luck that's a big nut to crack.
    Kinda short notice, and short reply required.
    No matter as my spring track date dance card is full.
    Most w/a Z06.
    Maybe see you at the Treffen Sports purpose day May the 12th.
    Have fun!
    We should be sharing track time like this.
    <iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/16386189" width="400" height="300" frameborder="0"></iframe><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/16386189">Steve</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user4952316">ted drake</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>
    Last edited by Gburner; 02-04-2011 at 06:55 PM.

The post below was under ferrari chat.

I wonder if we could request a porsche run group?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Extremespeedtrackevents will be at Willow Springs-Streets of Willow in SoCal-
    March 11 for a track day,special track day price of only $95.00
    (DISCOUNT CODE IS sow7)
    www.extremespeedtrackevents.com
    Must register before Feb 20 for discount
    Looks like a fun track day !!!!!
    71 T/ST 3.2
    00 Cab
    04 Cayenne Turbo

The best thing about our group is the safety/skill level and relatively few cars in each run group, with no timing our group isn't honking to get by. Extremespeed is the Fast and Furious crowd with little or no car control, heavy traffic and passing on the inside under braking without a point by....last time I was there (see separate post in this forum) the starter told me at lunch he hasn't used the black flag so many times since the under 14 go kart event.