Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Parting out 1967 912 SWB

SOLD Parting out 1967 912 SWB SOLD

Hello All
    Thanks for the interest in the car, the first person to give money wanted the whole car. That means that everthing is SOLD. Sorry for any inconvience if i have already quoted you. If the deal doesn't go through, then I will post again.

Most of you will be glad to hear that it will most likely be restored.

So this car I just bought, the more I get into it the more rust I find! And I thought old mustangs were bad!! Anyway, I know when to cut my losses.
    Looks like I'm going to be parting out a fairly complete 1967 SWB coupe. What sort of interest is there for parts?
    It has perfect glass, 5 gauge dash (green), original wood steering wheel, wood shift knob, wood dash trim chrome steel wheels & hub caps. Doors are good, left front fender good, right front fender has a little body filler at the front. Back fenders seem good. 4speed tranny grind downshift to first.
    I just ordered new 35mm pistons and rebuild kits for my rear calipers.
    Prices negotiable, I just want to get my money back out of it.
    Let me know. Oldskool1@shaw.ca

If my prices are out of line, make me an offer.
    If there something you want that's not listed let me know, if I have it I'll quote you.

1967 Porche 911 \ 912 Parts all parts coming from a 912
    Wood Steering wheel with butterfly horn $700 obo
    Wood dash panels $100
    Wood Shift knob $50
    Shifter $50
    Low back bucket seats, need recovering $200
    Front control arms $100 each
    Rear control arms $100 each
    Left front fender some rust but easily repaired. $600 or I'll repair for $800
    Right front fender some body filler on the front slope, $600
    Wipers $40
    4 speed transmission, grinds going into 1st. $500
    Rear Quater panels $500 each
    Drivers door with glass $350
    Passenger door with glass $350
    Rear window $200
    Front windsheild $100
    Horn grills with pitting $35 ea
    Signal lights $100 ea
    Headlight assemblys, both have chip in outer glass $100 ea
    Chrome Wheels 15x5 $400
    Hub caps $50
    Side windows $200

Last edited by Oldskool; 02-06-2011 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Car Sold, Thanks for the interest

It's your car to do with as you please... but that's a saveable car just based on the pic. You can't imagine what we've all seen that is much worse that has been restored. Find someone to buy it off of you instead.

eric

Amen. What Eric said.

If it were a 911, I would agree with you. Unfortunatly, it extremely rotten. It needs both inner and outer rockers, complete floor, package tray, rear wheel supports. It currently has a VW engine. The tranny need rebuilt. If I restored it, it would never be worth more than about $15000. It will take more than that to get it there. If someone gave me $5000 for the whole car I would take it.
    Last edited by Oldskool; 02-05-2011 at 06:12 PM.

Hi, to an extent I understand what you are saying,... but truly that's oldskool thought (sorry couldn't help it).

I have a 67S restoration project that's never going to be worth what an RS is worth... should I just cut it up?

Again though... I see your point, but it's going to take a little work to part the car out, why not give it a shot to resell it? Post it over on the "for sale cars" side, and also on the 912 Registry. If you don't get the response you want, then we'll grit our teeth and buy the parts...

regards, and welcome to the board....(seriously...)

Eric

Unfortunatly I think the ship has sailed, I posted on the 912 registry and pelican today as well. I already have $2000 tentatively sold.

Mate i feel for you , i purchased a "rust free " 66 912 and shipped it accross the world only to find rust , rust and more rust..........
    Attached Images Attached Images
    John Gausden
    Auckland, New Zealand

(shipping carson,CA)
    Early911nz.org
    ST-Classic.com
    ST-Classic Facebook
    "Funding my obsession one nut at a time"

Quote Originally Posted by Oldskool View Post
    Unfortunatly I think the ship has sailed, I posted on the 912 registry and pelican today as well. I already have $2000 tentatively sold.
    A shame it's that far gone, but that was fast... parting out would probably bring more dough, would like to have the steering wheel myself.
    Russ

ESR # 1537

'62 356S Notchback Hotrod
    '67 S Das Geburtstagsgeschenk
    '68 T Targa Sportomatic
    '68 L SW Targa Sportomatic
    '70 914/6 GT

Hello
    Sad that the car is beyon restauration, but it is maybe better to find a solid body and move over some of the parts?
    But if you still sell parts from the car I would be happy to buy the wood dashboard panels for my 66-67 912 project (also rotten, but I think I can save it). After all, here in Norway there is few of these cars, and 90% of all cars here care imported from US.

Best, Kjell T Brekka, Norway
    '67 911S Sunroof, Polo Red(Project disguised as a G-model)
    '67 912 Sunroof, Light Ivory(Alive and kickin')
    '67 912 SWTarga, Signal Red(Project in the making)
    X: 67 911 Coupe + 67S Targa, 912, 924, 944, 928, 356

Hello All
    Thanks for the interest in the car, the first person to give money wanted the whole car. That means that everthing is SOLD. Sorry for any inconvience if i have already quoted you. If the deal doesn't go through, then I will post again.

Most of you will be glad to hear that it will most likely be restored.