Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: wanted: pix of early S oil line routing

wanted: pix of early S oil line routing

does anyone have (or can you point me to) the factory oil line routing for an early S ? looking for a car where the oil lines run *through* the longitudinal. (did the factory actually do this, or did i just dream it?)
    i'm specifically interested in the area where the lines exit the longitudinals @ the rear.
    justing fishing around for ideas
    all feedback appreciated.
    TIA
    jerry

912->911 conversion
    I believe the oil lines ran through the longitudinals for one year only, but my brain has forgotten which year (70?).
    Keith Adams
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Early 911S Registry #906 | PCA member IG: @912R
    1969 Blutorange 912R - 912 to 911 conversion
    1969 Mercedes 280 SE (W111) Coupe

They were used from 69-71.

I will find out some pics for you Jerry

Alan
    Last edited by Alan.uk; 02-10-2011 at 12:35 PM.

Engine bay area

At the body work stage

Front section

Fitted to the oil cooler (cover not yet fitted)

HTH

Alan

and just incase any of this may help with regards to sill oil pipes, I wrote this a while back

"Oil lines do differ from year to year, but in summary. Porsche started using a front mounted oil cooler on production 911s in 1969. This style of oil lines was used until 1971 and are specific as these run inside the sills. They soon realised this was not the best idea and transfer the oil lines outside the sills but yet again these are specific for the 1972 model year due to the unique 1972 oil tank which is mounted in the front of the rear wing rather than at the rear. So in 1973 when the oil tank returned to the rear, the oil lines changed again, BUT as per many Porsche items these are also one year only as in this year Porsche mounted the thermostat directly on the oil tank. This can be seen here: (about half way down). For 1973 the front oil cooler is also specific and is no longer available hence we have remade them.
    http://www.ddk-online.com/phpBB2/vie...r=asc&start=15 In 1974 Porsche change the thermostat location again and this remained all the way up until 3.2 engine size"

Alan;
    having never seen just how the factory tackled the design i had no idea what to expect. unfortunately, my scenario doesn't lend itself to taking advantage of anything here, but *stunning* restoration photos just the same. BIG thanks for sharing!
    all best
    jerry

now looking for photos showing how the oil lines are plumbed from the thermostat to the reservior on a '72 car. any help appreciated.

There's a thread currently on the Pelican 911 technical forum about the 72 system. I don't recall if there are any photos but there are enough diagrams to sort it out, if you follow all the links. I'd start here: http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...w-diagram.html

JR

yep... got a hit as a result of posting there too. the factory parts catalog doesn't get it done, but there is a diagram that Grady posted that sorts out my current question ... and creates one more.
    thanks !
    jerry

Bumping this up as I am after photos of the bottom of the A pillar for the S oil lines please.
    Tim Pritchard

1970 911S (resto underway) http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ge-1970S-resto
    1976 Carrera 3.0 Group Sc Race Car
    1969 911T Group Sb Race Car (Sold to a good home)