Thread: ST circuit car- Info needed- raced 72-74

ST circuit car- Info needed- raced 72-74

Hi,

I am looking for any further info and pictures on a circuit raced ST which is the flavour for my own ST.

Here is what I know

Raced: Grand Prix de Spa 7.5.1972 (spa 1000 km) Sponsor PORSCHE/Veedol
    Number 52. Grid 20 finished 11. Notes:

Raced: GP Zandvoort Grote Prijs van Zandvoort 18.6.1972. Number 39. Grid 2: winner.

Pictures in 10/72 magazine issue, the car (#36) is identified as owned by the Porsche Center Nordrhein, (thanks Gib for the info)

Pictures in 2/73 magazine issue there are 2 pictures, the car 3 and 12.
    First Pic- must be an older pic what race?

as in this pic, we can see the rear arch has been widened to more RSR style. Done recently as it is missing the rear section of the sticker. Out of interest when was the first RSR style rear arch used?

The last race I can find is EG Trophy Zolder (Heat 1) 15.9.1974. Started 6 but did not finish.

Any further info would be great to read/see. For example colour, Vin, races spec, interior pics etc....

Thanks in advance

Alan

Here are some photos for you , which I had , of that car from late in 1972 :

1972 Euro GT Estoril (Nov. 12th, 1972) / Jürgen Heuhaus - 2nd overall (also set fastest lap of 1' 07" :54 on lap 60 of 65 , passing eventual 3rd place finisher Bengt Ekberg in the process) :
    Attached Images Attached Images    

The Christophorus cover photo is of 1972 Euro GT Nürburgring (10 laps) , with J. Neuhaus driving.

He placed 2nd overall here.

* look here for a pretty good color photo of Heuhaus in this car at 1972 DRM Hockenheim (Sept. 24 , 1972). It's the best one I could see so far showing the shade dark blue :

www.rennfahrer-juergen-neuhaus.de/ ........... (gallery - 1972)
    Last edited by peekaboo; 02-11-2011 at 07:53 AM.

Interesting article on Jurgen...maybe he still has some info on the car (via www.kremer-racing.de )...what he looks like today...

http://www.carsablanca.de/Magazin/re...war-mein-leben
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Sorry, I have only just caught up with this thread to see it has had some posts. Thanks very much Peekaboo and Peter I really appreciate your help and links. I am now trying to contact past drivers of that car to find out more info. For my ST based car I will be using the car as in Grand Prix de Spa 7.5.1972 as the basis, so it would be great if there are any pics of the rear or side from those early months before the pin stripping increased and the rear arches widened for the 11s.

Thanks in advance

Alan