Chassis # 11820835
    Original Engine # 4081121 901.02
    Optional Equipment:

* Sport Kit 2
    * Roll Bar
    * Footrest
    * 840 Watt Generator
    * 911S Spec Engine

A very rare piece indeed! Only 20 total 1968 911T's were built by the Porsche factory for use in FIA's new GT Group 3 category. From these 20 "Sport Purposes" vehicles, only 9 were equipped with the "Sport Kit 2", or Rennversion options. This vehicle is one of the nine originally produced and remains Cardex matching.

Most of these cars were raced throughout Europe and acquired many wins as well as National Rally and Hillclimb Championships. A very few of these "Sport Purposes" 911s were imported in 1968 for SCCA Trans Am and B Sedan Racing. These cars were sold as race cars and not intended for the street although they were streetable. These cars were built after the 911R and before the 911ST and are actually much more rare.

This particular car was sold new to Southern California's Dean Smith and was campaigned mostly in local SCCA races from 1969 thru 1975. It led a very pampered life, running only on nice, smooth race tracks on the West Coast. Barry Williams purchased this car from Dean Smith's widow a few years after Dean's death.

Between 2004 and 2007 it underwent a meticulous restoration by some of SoCal's finest to it's original "as delivered" condition. Barry enjoyed some great drives and tours in the car since and showed it at the last Rennsport Reunion at Daytona. It is fully sorted and tested.

There are only THREE Sport Kit 2 cars known to exist in the U.S., so don't miss this rare opportunity to own and drive a true piece of Porsche history. All vehicles are offered in "as-is" condition with no warrantees neither expressed nor implied.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Rob Abbott

Hey Rob, this was the car they tried to auction off at Barry Williams' estate sale. I wonder what the "market correct" price would be - personally I think that price is a little high.
    Alex
    Early S Reg #1809

Old news.....

Don

Quote Originally Posted by naparsei View Post
    Hey Rob, this was the car they tried to auction off at Barry Williams' estate sale. I wonder what the "market correct" price would be - personally I think that price is a little high.
    Alex
    Hey Alex,
    Honesly, I don't know a thing about the car, I was just checking Speedster prices, and came across the ad and thought I would share with the Forum ( Didn't mean to bore anyone with such old news) Yes, I thought the price was high as well.
    Rob Abbott

It is not boring Rob. It has been for sale for a while. It is a great car and I am surprised it has not sold.

Don

A car as rare as this one for the money they are asking seems to require an auction like Amelia Island or Pebble Beach. Marketing a 275k car on Craigslist seems misguided.

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/2215108209.html
    Registry Member #1583
    '73 911 S Aubergine (VIN#9113301295)

Okay...I really really really tried to hold my tongue. This comment is not directed at this particular seller, business or ad but rather classifieds that choose to use extremely poor pictures for a car with a substantial asking price. If you're going to sell a six figure car then please have the courtesy and professionalism to bring in a skilled photographer to properly show the car. I can not think of a single reason why a seller would not follow this simple task.

Best of luck on the sale. The car is an absolute stunner in person...but not in these pics.
    _B
    Sent from a pay phone

888888 eL, Oph'eL'ia

Instagram: werk_crew
    www.werkcrew.com
    www.werkcrew.tumblr.com
    www.handofwinter.tumblr.com

I have a pretty good idea of what I can be acquired for $275,000 and this isn't it.

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Could buy a lot o' beer for that kind of money and still have enough left over for a nice pick-em-up truck. (seriously Tom, one of my favorite cars)

Quote Originally Posted by sithot View Post
    I have a pretty good idea of what I can be acquired for $275,000 and this isn't it.

Tom
    Last edited by Jens; 02-19-2011 at 07:03 AM.

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183

Bob, I know you've shot this car many times, as have I. Throw up a couple of stunning shots in it's best light!

Jens

Quote Originally Posted by bob tilton View Post
    Okay...I really really really tried to hold my tongue. This comment is not directed at this particular seller, business or ad but rather classifieds that choose to use extremely poor pictures for a car with a substantial asking price. If you're going to sell a six figure car then please have the courtesy and professionalism to bring in a skilled photographer to properly show the car. I can not think of a single reason why a seller would not follow this simple task.

Best of luck on the sale. The car is an absolute stunner in person...but not in these pics.

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183