Thread: FS - Early Dash for restoration - great core

FS - Early Dash for restoration - great core

Hi Guys,

I have an early dash I no longer need. This is a core that needs to be refurbished. It has cracks in the typical areas that are easily repaired during the resto/refurb. I believe it came out of a 1973.5T, but I can't be exactly sure as it has been a number of years at this point since I got it.

The crack that was over the gauges went nearly all the way through the dash, with only the bottom layer of vinyl holding the last ~12" of the dash to the rest. Since it was basically a thread holding it on, and it was floppy already, I used a razor and carefully cut the little remaining vinyl. This allowed the dash to be packaged more easily and securely (of course, both parts are included). The crack where this all occurred has been highlighted in one of the photos with red arrows.

Now asking BRO, including shipping. The dash is already packaged and I can send FedEx ASAP after receiving payment. If interested please post to this thread but also send me an email with your phone number. I will of course give preference to those who post 1st and send me their contact info.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by klaucke; 06-07-2011 at 03:27 PM.

Location? (yours)
    It is one piec dash, right?
    Close ups of cracks, please.
    Shipping to NJ, 07052 ?

Gytis
    1967 911 matching numbers car ( sold )
    1968 911T/R #0805 (SONDERWUNCH AUSSERH DER M.LISTE NR184****) SOLD
    1969 911E MFI matching ALL numbers SOLD
    1981 911 Target 4K ( SHIFT trip-Nürburgring-SPA and SOLD )
    1986 930 "Carnivore" ( "while I'm there" mode )

I'm located in Massachusetts.
    The dash is a one-piece dash.
    I've attached the new pics (I left them as a large resolution for max detail).
    If you want the dash I'll pay for shipping to NJ.
    Attached Images Attached Images

That kind of looks like two pieces to me, or is it just an optical illusion like the old magician trick where they saw the girl in half?

Yes, I noted in the first post that this dash is currently in two separate pieces. There was only a hint of vinyl holding on the end so it was carefully trimmed to allow for easier packaging. However, it is easily glued back together during the repro process and will be fully functional and secure. It is still considered a "one piece dash" compared to some of the later model 911s that have different dashes.

Bump with new price update.

Bump, still looking to sell for best reasonable offer.

Asking BRO.
    Last edited by klaucke; 06-07-2011 at 03:27 PM.

Was on Ebay but European buyer flaked.
    Last edited by klaucke; 08-01-2011 at 03:02 PM.

Still available.