Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: phone call to chad McQueen

phone call to chad McQueen

Ok, rennman, ghost chaser and I will include the Raj-Miester (cause you know everybody)

I couldn't keep up with all the opinions on the two post about "The McQueen car" sale and the most most famous 911S, so I thought I would call Chad (he drove for me a few times with my Son and Pal Milt Minter who was dying of Cancer)

So here it goes, if anybody is interested: I called Chad yesterday but only got to leave a message (he was headed for his Cali Desert home) and tell him that I needed to ask him a few questions about his Dads-Family 911's. Two hours ago Chad called me back but I was upstairs and didn't get the call, I was trying to sleep off my pain and sorrow. Chad's message was, call me tomorrow at the Desert house!

OK, I gotta come clean on this one: I have been sick with a super cough that I got from Lee Man G. (I never knew he was such a good kisser) from a dinner date last weekend at HSR's PBI weekend that Sharon and I went to..........Lee was sick and somehow I managed to get it worse! So I am trying to not do much physical labor (at the shop) to get over this damn sickness! I have found some pain fighting fun on the Early S registry and it has made me not think how _hitty I really feel!

I guess I might as well make an Ass out of myself while I can ehh!

Back to the McQueen deal,

You three guys need to collectively (that means all of you) get 6 questions for me to ask Chad about whatever all of you want to ask about the 1 or 2 911's. So you three need to write a new post that has who ever wishes to put his 2 sense in ....I.E. questions (and boy can some of you do that) to ask Chad! You will now have it right from the current "Aire to the McQueen Throne"...so to speak.

O-yea I also talked with FG about his thoughts on the sale of the Most famous 911S,
    the marketing has already started! Some might be suprizzzed!

Donkey-bop,

Kevin

PS I WILL CALL CHAD TOMORROW AT 4:00 EST so get me 6 questions Boy's and Girls.

Raj-Miester,

Cool, but you need to sit down (more Public Post) with the other 2 posters and get whoever wishes to come up with what you all want to ask! So you three pick the best 6 questions from the "Peanut Gallery". There has to be some pretty unique questions, then you three figure out which ones we use....by 4:00 tomorrow. As soon as I have them I will call Chad and ask him.

This should be fun,
    especially for all that had opinions of the subject of the McQueen cars.

KJ

I had heard somewhere that for some reason he liked the 69 best what was it that he liked about it over the 71 or was it just familiarity? Steve

I hope I didn't offend anybody with "The Peanut Gallery" thing, I consider my self a Porsche Nut!

If some of you think this is "Corny" I totally understand!

Mr Cobb, err...ahhh... Mr.Planter's,
    Kevin

I consider myself a proud member of the peanut gallery...
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

I guess that my question from the peanut gallery might be: "Chad, how does it make you feel when people who know the price of everything and the value of nothing, and who never even met your dad, try to net themselves hundreds of thousands of dollars in quick-turnaround profits (although not short-term according to the IRS) by hyping your family name to sell a car that your dad cast off 40 years ago?"

Too personal? Too cynical? Not enough Early 911S content? Maybe it's better manners to just ask how Chad's back is doing five years down the road from his big "moment" at Daytona... Healed perfectly for driving around in his dad's old '69, I hope!

Quote Originally Posted by chiroracer View Post
    . . . I had heard somewhere that for some reason he liked the 69 best what was it that he liked about it over the 71 or was it just familiarity? . . .
    I'd read that he'd gone to some trouble to fit the '69 with a special custom stereo
    Last edited by LongRanger; 11-27-2013 at 01:25 PM.

We Can Be Heroes

Just a guess, but McQueen percieved the 69 S to be a little hotter. The 2.2 car had Air Conditioning and was optioned out. Maybe Steve could get more revs out of the 69S. I read an article that Steve himself put the 2.2 S in the L.A. Times and also answered the calls. I think he sold it from the house near Oakmont, Brentwood.BTW I grew up near that neighborhood and heard stories that Steve would race you in you hopped up Mustang or Chevelle back in the day on Sunset Blvd near his home.
    1. Chris-Early S Registry#205
    2. '70 911S Tangerine
    3. '68 911L Euro Ossi Blue

I'm guessin this post isn't what I intended!

I thought I would call in a "Marker" and go right to the Horses Arss. I thought it would be kinda cool to here what Chad had to say. I'm thinkn I was wrong! My intension was to really find out for everybody that posted on the two original post about the McQueen cars. Too Personal is OK, too Cynical might be pushing it but its a start to what I should ask Chad. I think its really cool that you might have been able to get in a duel with Steve, if you were in the right place at the right time! I cruized up to Hollyweird many times as a young lad and had a few bouts with Porsches on Sunset and Mulhulland dr. but never saw the likes of any cool actor driving a Mustang or Porsche!

You gotta know Steve McQueen is my start into Porsche racing! I took my girlfriend to see the "Movie" at the Lakewood Cinema. I was in my Moms 1964 Buick Special....it was 1971. For me to even say I met Chad and have him drive one of my Racecars is pretty Freakin Cool! Some of you might not understand that!

So I'm all "Giddy" about calling Chad and the Gallery is probably wondering...........Whats up with that Dude!

Anyway I will call Chad and if anybody wants par-tis-a-pate, it will be cool just to find out the words from the King of Cool's Kid

Still Breathing

Mr Planter's

I, for one, would love to hear what he has to say. I have no aspirations of ever owning the car being sold. I'm just interested in this bit of Porsche history. I hope it gets posted. Thanks either way Kevin.
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100