Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Heinzmann Extinguisher Bottle.......it's finally done!

Quote Originally Posted by super9064 View Post
    ....... I think we need to keep things in perspective here, there is a market for perfect=costly, reproduction parts, and reasonable facsimile=affordable parts, for the rest of us.
    x 2 , we can't all have genuine parts in our builds or even afford perfect copies . i would be more than over the moon to have this item in my st replica.
    John Gausden
    Auckland, New Zealand

(shipping carson,CA)
    Early911nz.org
    ST-Classic.com
    ST-Classic Facebook
    "Funding my obsession one nut at a time"

Mike, you never answered my question...
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Mike I am really really amazed you made a piece of art. I love commitment on small things that other people will never notice unless they understand. I also sometimes struggle between correct and availible and realistic.
    I found a heinzmann in Germany last year on a trip there and want to repaint it. I only have a tank and pull wire no bracket, straps and want to restore it. If you will sell stickers etc please let me know.

I want to tell Robert to go polish some brass, but dont wanna get involved so I will just leave it.
    911 S Targa 68 11850243
    911 S 69 #119300002 Ex Dr.F Porsche
    911 ST Replica 72
    59 VW Deluxe Microbus 23 Window
    58 Durkopp Diana Scooter

Quote Originally Posted by Mr9146 View Post
    Halon, CO2 or aqueous foam? Nice piece, for sure...
    Sorry Marco got a bit sidetracked yesterday. We decided to go with Lifeline's Zero 2000 foam extinguishant, Halon is not used anymore for environmental reasons.
    Wanted to stay with their best tried and tested system that's also approved by the MSA for UK motorsport.
    Also the centrally mounted trigger is unusual in systems these days as most are on the end, so from a design point of view it was compatible.

Thanks for your interest, Mike
    cheers, Mike
    Member#1664
    1972 911 S/RSR to Martini Prototype specification
    http://www.ddk-online.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=15294

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Moore View Post
    We decided to go with Lifeline's Zero 2000 foam extinguishant, Halon is not used anymore for environmental reasons.
    A small note. Halon is still used in the aircraft industry. That is where I got my halon extinguisher.

BTW Mike I am amazed too by what you fabricated.

Richard

Hi Mike I think your project came out great; a modern and useful representation of a classic part.

Are there plans for a group purchase; maybe it will help offset some of the time and development costs you've incurred.

I for one would love to purchase a set-up and save me the time and hassle of finishing off my version of this same project .

Again a job well done, regards Robert

Very cool. Great work.
    Thanks,
    Chad
    911ST Race Car w/2.5L SS race motor.
    1972 911 T- Original numbers car- restoring it
    2016 Elan NP01 Prototype Chassis #20; Car Number #02
    2011 Porsche Spyder Wht/Blk/ Carbon Fiber Buckets (Sold)