Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: Set of four newly refinished (Al Reed) Deep 6 Fuchs with hearts and new tires

FS: Set of four newly refinished (Al Reed) Deep 6 Fuchs with hearts and new tires

We have a set of four Deep 6's available. These were refinished by Al about six weeks ago, with new Dunlops mounted and sent by Al directly to another Registry member. We had a bit of a communication snafu, so the finish that was applied (painted and polished) was not what the purchaser expected. As a result, we have bought these back to make everyone as whole as possible. Al checked these wheels for true, repaired one wheel that was off slightly, refinished the wheels along with the three-prong center caps, Dunlop 205-50-15 Z1's were mounted and balanced by Al and they were carefully packed and shipped east. They have never been mounted on the car, and as I understand were opened in the living room for the photos below. Two of the wheels have the date stamp as 4 70, one is very clear and the other is faint. Another wheel you can just barely read the 70 but not the month code, and the fourth wheel we are unable to make out either month or year. This set all came from the same car initially, so not pieced together. We would like to get $2,800 for the set of four (including tires and center caps) plus shipping from Charlottesville, VA. It will be difficult to get more photos of the wheels as they are not in my possession and I don't want to impose on the current custodian more than I already have, but know that these are beautifully finished by Al, consistent with all of the work he does. Any perceived imperfections in the photos are simply flash/reflection. If you buy these and believe they are not as represented, we will refund the purchase price and return shipping upon return of the package. I know that the tire size may not be to everyone's liking but we would like to sell the set complete with the tires, so preference will be for a buyer who wants the whole set-up as-is. Thanks

On hold pending shipping arrangements and payment.

Are these tubeless and what kind of Air Valve did you use? Thanks

You have to use a fat valve stems on all deep wheels. Tire shops tell you that the fat stems are NLA but that is because they do not want to look for them, they are available from large tire supply companies. You do not need to run tubes in any wheels these days.

Please see Cal's reply on the other thread and stop dredging up these ads and getting my hopes up!
    Mike de Jong | '71 911T/E 2.4 Tangerine | '74 911S 3.2 Ice Green

I wish I had kept these.....

Quote Originally Posted by geshaghi View Post
    I wish I had kept these.....
    Don't even start that conversation...
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Quote Originally Posted by VintageExcellen View Post
    You have to use a fat valve stems on all deep wheels. Tire shops tell you that the fat stems are NLA but that is because they do not want to look for them, they are available from large tire supply companies. You do not need to run tubes in any wheels these days.
    Almost found out the hard way about the valve stems. Had new wheels installed on a set of 6 x 15 OEM Fuchs.. 205/60/15 . Drove car home no problems. Car lost no air overnight. Drove car today and car drove fine.. I went to a shop today have my ride height set. The tech is checking my tire pressure when he PUSHES the tire stem out of the hole. Goes to the next one and moves the stem to the 3 o'clock and air gushes out. He has no idea how I was able to drive the car today, let alone 30 miles. I talking to the tire guy he stated that most if not all new rims take a 9/16" stem.. our cars take a 5/8 stem. The 5/8 is not a size they see everyday so they don't stock it. So throw a few 5/8" stems in your glove box in case you have a tire issue.
    Last edited by Fastdog911; 10-30-2012 at 06:18 PM.

Not all 5/8 stems (415) will work. Some newer ones haven't thicknes above the snap in groove to stay in. If you search there is a thread explaining the difference.
    H